• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

Wrangor is def lurking, just checked his profile. The original thread title was something like "when will we as a nation wake up?" Well, looks like we have. Time to come gloat. This is what you wanted, own up to it.

Maybe RBG should have retired during Obama's second term like everyone was begging her to do.

I mean, by that point she had already survived cancer twice and had a stent installed, but it sure was fun yukking it up with Scalia !

who changed the thread title? is Wrangor lurking?

I changed it. Don't visit here any more, but with the news it reminded me of this thread, and after reading the harshness of my tone, wanted to offer my apologies not for the position, but for the abruptness with which I communicated it. It gets pretty ugly over here at times, and I was certainly a part of that. Not going to comment on the recent leak / proceedings. I know that won't be productive. Hope that all of you are well.

Maybe RBG should have retired during Obama's second term like everyone was begging her to do.

Without a majority in the Senate, I really think that McConnell stalls the vote regardless of when it happens.

Gotta love all the law donks on Twitter going on about the sanctity of the court and how the leak is the worst thing possible

I kinda suspect this is why it was leaked. Get the media focused on the media-side of the story, soften the impact.

True/False questions:

1. In a perfect world there would be no abortions
2. I am against abortion, but if my daughter got pregnant at 16 and it was going to ruin her life, I'd be totally for it
3. It makes sense that up to a designated time, it should be legal, but one second after that it shouldn't be legal
4. I couldn't care less, it doesn't really impact me and don't understand why people get so upset, we're just a speck of sand in an endless beach of nothingness anyway so why get worked up about all this shit just chill out and enjoy your life

You got a mouse in your pocket - who is “we”? You’re the guileless rube here.

You surely can’t support that tweet. First of all, Biden as the president elected in 2020 doesn’t control the composition of the court.

I know you complain about electoralism but this doesn’t happen if a few more people vote Dem in 2000 and 2016. Republicans control the Supreme Court because of people not showing up. Sure Dems are to blame for much of that but there’s a bigger picture that too many people ignore. And if those people still boycott Dems, things will get worse.

I changed it. Don't visit here any more, but with the news it reminded me of this thread, and after reading the harshness of my tone, wanted to offer my apologies not for the position, but for the abruptness with which I communicated it. It gets pretty ugly over here at times, and I was certainly a part of that. Not going to comment on the recent leak / proceedings. I know that won't be productive. Hope that all of you are well.

Go fuck yourself.

Back