• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

A—use birth control. It is cheap and anybody can get it.

B—don’t want to get pregnant and got “after it” in a huge moment of passion? Go down to CVS or Walgreens and get you the ‘morning after pill’. (Available since 2013)

C—Roe was bad law! Finally overturned and returned to the states where it belongs.

B—don’t want to get pregnant and got “after it” in a huge moment of passion? Go down to CVS or Walgreens and get you the ‘morning after pill’. (Available since 2013)

C—Roe was bad law! Finally overturned and returned to the states where it belongs.

You think B is gonna be allowed in the states that ban abortion? Also you ignored my post about tax-funded adoption programs in these states.

Republicans want to outlaw A and B.

The most effective birth control like IUDs will be banned in those states since some of those prevent fertilized eggs from implanting, which extremist would consider abortion. Plus the legal logic of rights to privacy were part of Griswold which even allowed states not to ban birth control.

Plan B will definitely be banned in anti abortion states, so that is not a solution. Allowing rights to be established at states, which seem to be on a race to be the most regressive isn't the case for a functioning country. States rights is the same argument all through the civil war through jim crow. You can't allow states to decide certain sections of its citizens have fewer rights. Especially considering how gerrymandered most state legislatures are, basically ensuring that a functional democracy doesn't exist and the state likely isn't representing the will of the people.

Don't worry. TheReff will be against A, B, and C soon enough.

That Louisiana law in the post just above yours would render plan b morning after pills equivalent to murder.

Republicans are assholes who don't care about motherhood except as a form of social control.

The most consistent thing about these debates is that the biggest anti choice blowhards are impossibly ignorant about the human reproductive system.

What reason is there other than being an asshole? Ectopic pregnancies aren’t viable and will kill the woman.

My wife was only alive to be able to give birth to our daughter because of emergency surgery following an ectopic pregnancy.

That law is going to backfire because the men writing it have no idea how many women and families it will impact. We had no idea until it happened to us.

My wife was only alive to be able to give birth to our daughter because of emergency surgery following an ectopic pregnancy.

That law is going to backfire because the men writing it have no idea how many women and families it will impact. We had no idea until it happened to us.

They don’t care. The people who can afford to get an illegal emergency surgery will still do so with no consequences. Those who can’t will die. The latter are the people Republicans don’t care about anyway. You all have to stop treating Republican politicians like public servants who just make mistakes.

Whoever leaked this draft opinion took a giant risk with regard to their own personal career and future. They did not do it to soften the impact. They did it because they are hoping one of two things: either that the opinion changes between that draft and when the final is published, or because they are opposed to the draft opinion becoming watered down and want to keep the pressure on other justices to sign on to this version. I cannot think of any other reason for taking such unprecedented action, and it's absolutely not so that CNN focuses on the leak and not the substance.

How do you know that it was a single person acting alone and not a coordinated team effort by those in a secure position of power.

Peak mansplaining

I wonder if birth control is 100% effective? Maybe I'll google it to see...

Oh my, it's not!

Peak mansplaining

And he and his racist, sexist rube brethren are the only ones buying it. TX republicans already want to defund public schools. This is going to get crazy. Thanks evangelicals for teaching people to shut up and do what they are told. No questions please. Do as I say, not as I do.

Back