• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

QB Going Forward

To be clear, I want Santino to start against Duke. And I wanted him to start today but I understand not throwing him to the wolves. FSU is not Pitt. Let him go into Thursday night with some confidence.
Don’t assume Clawson will do the right thing and play Santino or Kern vs Duke. He didn’t replace Griffis at the half today. Either the Griffis family has something on Clawson or he is beyond stubborn. It’s psychological. No coach in his right mind would keep playing Griffis.

what’s wrong with Gilliam? Let’s try something different.

I’m also getting a little sick of everyone talking about the bad OLine. A couple sacks a game will happen to everyone. No OL in the country is going to hold for 4 seconds every play, especially when every DC is now bringing the house knowing that Griffis is just going to fall down immediately.

Don’t assume Clawson will do the right thing and play Santino or Kern vs Duke. He didn’t replace Griffis at the half today. Either the Griffis family has something on Clawson or he is beyond stubborn. It’s psychological. No coach in his right mind would keep playing Griffis.
IMG_2799.jpeg

It could be worse, Mitch is only 126 of all 137 QBs in D1 this year
e8216efca3fc980db59434ac9c08794c.jpg

Ugh. It's stalling because both the OL and the QB suck. Plain and simple. Both can be true at the same time. I really hate to see him saying shit like this, especially when he pretty much threw Griffis (justifiably) under the bus a few games ago.
Yeah don’t pose that question coach.

We’ve started this year 1-4 against the ACC with Griffis as our primary QB

We finished last year going 1-4 against the ACC with Sam Hartman as our primary QB

So, yeah, the problems extend beyond the obvious current problem at QB

The shame of this is, I feel the best about our running than I have in a long time. We’ve got 3 really good backs I think and our line can open up some holes. Imagine if our passing game was just decent, how much more effective it would be. I think our line is ok when it’s a run play and they get to block aggressively, but in pass protection, they lack the ability to stay in front of pass rushers.

We’ve started this year 1-4 against the ACC with Griffis as our primary QB

We finished last year going 1-4 against the ACC with Sam Hartman as our primary QB

So, yeah, the problems extend beyond the obvious current problem at QB
You can't compare last year's horrible defense with this year's vastly improved defense. A QB in the middle of the pack of D1 goes 3-1 or 2-2 easily

You can't compare last year's horrible defense with this year's vastly improved defense. A QB in the middle of the pack of D1 goes 3-1 or 2-2 easily
I didn’t

The offense had the ball with a chance to win the game vs UNC and Duke last year and failed

Imagine being our social media team.

“Coach, did you not see the video we put together with in the field highlights of the dramatic Homecoming win?! You killed all our momentum!”

Yeah bro, if we scored 50 points every game we’d be at least 9-1 in our last 10 ACC games.

Back