• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Questions about a possible visit to WFU Football Game

Well, back in MN now. Twas a fun trip. Thanks for all the recommendations. Can't imagine I would have gotten such a warm response on any other message board. My son and I will be sporting our new Demon Deacon sweatshirts around town this fall/winter.

I'm sure I will pop back in every now and then just to see what's up.

Last edited:
Well, back in MN now. Twas a fun trip. Thanks for all the recommendations. Can't imagine I would have gotten such a warm response on any other message board. My son and I will be sporting our new Deamon Deacon sweatshirts around town this fall/winter.

Come back and visit anytime. Either in person or on these message boards, or both.

Well, back in MN now. Twas a fun trip. Thanks for all the recommendations. Can't imagine I would have gotten such a warm response on any other message board. My son and I will be sporting our new Deamon Deacon sweatshirts around town this fall/winter.

Others may point out the typo, but I swear the deacon shop really did sell apparel with this spelling while i was there.

Big 10 wrestling is a big deal
Minnesota used to be a perennial national title contender until our coach got in some hot water a few years ago. We're still good, but not a national championship contender.

That’s only because you refused to schedule UNH. We’ll see you in the Frozen four buddy.
Last time we played UNH in the Frozen Four it was our last national championship (2003). We've been back 5 times since but couldn't win it all.

If you ever watched and liked "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Mayberry RFD," you should think about visiting Mt Airy, NC. That town was the setting for the shows and has been maintained as it was for the show. Pilot Mountain = Mount Pilot from the show.
No big deal, but the show was filmed in California. Andy was born in Mt Airy and was sent to UNC by a local church, but he rarely returned to his hometown after he made it big. When he did visit old friends, it was in secret. Mt Airy, with Andy’s blessing, has maximized the opportunity to use Andy and Mayberry to develop tourism for the city.

No big deal, but the show was filmed in California. Andy was born in Mt Airy and was sent to UNC by a local church, but he rarely returned to his hometown after he made it big. When he did visit old friends, it was in secret. Mt Airy, with Andy’s blessing, has maximized the opportunity to use Andy and Mayberry to develop tourism for the city.
IMG_2797.jpeg

Andy Griffith rightly moved the fuck away from Mount Airy and lived at the beach instead. I used to see him at church in Nags Head when I was a kid.

Didn't want to start a whole new thread for this....Big Ten Schedule announced for next year.
Gophers get USC, UCLA, Michigan, and Penn State....gonna be a tough schedule. We also host UNC in the non-con. If we win 8 games we should be top 15 in the country.

Back