• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Really enjoying Wrestlers on Netflix. If you like wrestling, you’ll love it, but there is a lot more to it than just that. I think there is an interesting management dynamic between Al Snow and the owners, Matt Jones/Craig Greenberg (who is now the mayor of Louisville). Al is very blue collar and down to earth. He speaks to/for the wrestlers, makes every creative decision and runs each production. The owners, well, they’re worried about the bottom line. Oh and then there are the actual human beings who choose to wrestle and put themselves through it all.

Last edited:
just saw there is a wes anderson short-ish film of a lesser-feted roald dahl story on netflix

i'll watch it

Every October, I like to do a Shudder trial and stream a bunch of horror/horror-lite movies. There are some great rewatchables, cult stuff, and Shudder originals that have turned out to be really good.

Here's what I'll be watching this time around:

The Angry Black Girl and Her Monster
The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Clearcut
Cold Hell
Demons
Halloween
Impetigore
Lucky
Magic
Messiah of Evil
Party Hard, Die Young
Perfect Blue
Perpetrator
Possession
Tigers Are Not Afraid
V/H/S/99
Watcher

Have any of y'all watched these? Anything worth elevating? Anything worth cutting?

I'll probably also watch The Wolf House, Talk to Me, and The Fog (probably my favorite?)

Have only seen 3 of those, I think

Starting The Wailing now, never seen it

I want to get Shudder just to catch up on my dood Joe Bob Briggs. Been a mega fan for... well let's just say a long time.

Every October, I like to do a Shudder trial and stream a bunch of horror/horror-lite movies. There are some great rewatchables, cult stuff, and Shudder originals that have turned out to be really good.

Here's what I'll be watching this time around:

The Angry Black Girl and Her Monster
The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Clearcut
Cold Hell
Demons
Halloween
Impetigore
Lucky
Magic
Messiah of Evil
Party Hard, Die Young
Perfect Blue
Perpetrator
Possession
Tigers Are Not Afraid
V/H/S/99
Watcher

Have any of y'all watched these? Anything worth elevating? Anything worth cutting?

I'll probably also watch The Wolf House, Talk to Me, and The Fog (probably my favorite?)
I thought Watcher was meh. Really liked Autopsy of Jane Doe. Halloween is Halloween - haven't seen anything else on that list.

We started watching One Piece on Netflix. My wife really likes it and I like it okay, but it's pretty weird and quirky. It's an adaptation of a manga comic, so that does check out.
My husband just binged this and loved it - I was kinda meh on the whole thing but I was dropping in and out.

Finished it…well done.
That one stuck with me for awhile.

Started October off with Pearl on a whim. I hated X, but enjoyed Pearl. Not great, but a lean, mean, and fun little thriller.

The better version of this flick is The Eyes of My Mother, which is one of the more disturbing, but great movies that I've ever watched.

Peacock has 10 episodes of Twisted Metal, the first one is free and is the only one I've watched. I thought it was alright. It's an easy game to adapt - drive around and shoot things. I really don't want to sub to another service but I dunno, they have a few series I wouldn't mind watching (e.g. Mrs. Davis and Resident Alien) so maybe I'll sub for a couple of months and quit.

i just knocked out the season in a week or so. i liked it. quick episodes. entertaining

If you haven't done Midnight Mass yet, highly recommend. That's my favorite of the Flanagan series I've seen -- I have not seen Midnight Club yet.
Does it ever get scary, or is that not the point?

Back