• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] tells players he is gone?

Haha....might as well end on a good note! We might just see a resignation after this one!

He needs to go costanza and walk out.

I suspect he's being more like the Mennen commercial, leaving his hat in Ron's office and about to steal the clock at the top of Wait Chapel.

Last edited:
So lemme see....a local radio show invents a rumor and runs with it in the hope/plan that listeners will yack about on social media and enhance the shows ratings which aids procuring advertising time/$$$.

Per both Travis and Devin after the game, Buzz DID NOT tell the team he was resigning at the meeting last Sunday. Both said it was rather all about a better day coming plus rah-rah stuff.

So let this be lesson #455 how talking heads on radio shows make a buck inventing tall tales to grab attention !

Per both Travis and Devin after the game, Buzz DID NOT tell the team he was resigning at the meeting last Sunday. Both said it was rather all about a better day coming plus rah-rah stuff.

So let this be lesson #455 how talking heads on radio shows make a buck inventing tall tales to grab attention !

On Job Security: I haven’t said this to anybody, on Sunday I had a meeting with our team after the Boston College game. I could tell our guys weren’t right, and I asked them if this was because of the speculation about my job? I have a very good relationship with my players, and they kinda looked at me. I said, yeah there’s a chance I could be fired. There’s a chance I could be here another ten years. No one knows, but this is your responsibility and I’m going to help you deal with this. You have a responsibility to play your tail off. That’s your responsibility to your family name. The pride of your family name. You have a responsibility to play your tail off for Wake Forest, for the people who pay money for your scholarship, for the people who pay to see you play and the people who have worn the jersey before you. You have a responsibility to your teammates to play your tail off. You need to, as a young man, understand that’s what a man does in the face of adversity. To put everything else aside and to do the right thing and the right thing is to play with passion, energy and to play your tail off. This is not about Jeff [Redacted], this is about something bigger than Jeff [Redacted]. None of us have any guarantees on tomorrow, so what we need to do is get back to playing with great passion for each other and for the right things. Whatever happens, happens. It was an emotional meeting and the guys really responded.

Link

You are correct in that he didn't say he was resigning, but the comment about him discussing his job wasn't totally made up.

Kind of embarrassing for Dan that he didn't get this story.

Although who knows, the players could have been told to tote that line until Bz's inevitable resignation.

Heard from someone who knows one of the team managers that Bz has already told the team he is stepping down

Although who knows, the players could have been told to tote that line until Bz's inevitable resignation.

Heard from someone who knows one of the team managers that Bz has already told the team he is stepping down

http://onthejon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/[Redacted].jpg

On his team’s inconsistency this year: I’m not into excuses, but nine of our scholarship players are freshmen and sophomores. We haven’t been consistent with our toughness or maturity, hence our inconsistency in our play, particularly on the road. At one time, we were 14-6 and Codi Miller-McIntyre against Georgia Tech, turned his ankle really bad and we lose the guy who stirs the drink.

:tard:

On Job Security: I haven’t said this to anybody, on Sunday I had a meeting with our team after the Boston College game. I could tell our guys weren’t right, and I asked them if this was because of the speculation about my job? I have a very good relationship with my players, and they kinda looked at me. I said, yeah there’s a chance I could be fired. There’s a chance I could be here another ten years. No one knows, but this is your responsibility and I’m going to help you deal with this. You have a responsibility to play your tail off. That’s your responsibility to your family name. The pride of your family name. You have a responsibility to play your tail off for Wake Forest, for the people who pay money for your scholarship, for the people who pay to see you play and the people who have worn the jersey before you. You have a responsibility to your teammates to play your tail off. You need to, as a young man, understand that’s what a man does in the face of adversity. To put everything else aside and to do the right thing and the right thing is to play with passion, energy and to play your tail off. This is not about Jeff [Redacted], this is about something bigger than Jeff [Redacted]. None of us have any guarantees on tomorrow, so what we need to do is get back to playing with great passion for each other and for the right things. Whatever happens, happens. It was an emotional meeting and the guys really responded.

Link

You are correct in that he didn't say he was resigning, but the comment about him discussing his job wasn't totally made up.
Haha, Buzz knows he's gone. Of course he's not gonna openly say it, but it's pretty damn obvious from that interview. What's interesting is that Buzz kind of screwed up the "resignation/mutual agreement" plan for Ron in that interview. He clearly still wants to coach Wake (and probably still thinks he's the right guy for the job).

On his team’s inconsistency this year: I’m not into excuses, but nine of our scholarship players are freshmen and sophomores. We haven’t been consistent with our toughness or maturity, hence our inconsistency in our play, particularly on the road. At one time, we were 14-6 and Codi Miller-McIntyre against Georgia Tech, turned his ankle really bad and we lose the guy who stirs the drink.

:tard:

Interestingly enough, Bz still doesn't know what an excuse is.

Back