• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Pataki declared this morning. PATAKI! That dude hasn't been relevant since 2008.

Of the eight declared GOP candidates:

-Carson has never run for office
-Fiorina lost to Babs Boxer
-Santorum was voted out in 2006
-Jeb left office in 2007
-Huckabee left office in 2007
-Pataki left office in 2008

Of the eight declared GOP candidates:

-Carson has never run for office
-Fiorina lost to Babs Boxer
-Santorum was voted out in 2006
-Jeb left office in 2007
-Huckabee left office in 2007
-Pataki left office in 2008

And none of them were community organizers with no executive experience! Oh the huge Manatee...

Awesome. That's just great.

150 years from now, your great-grand Dems will be pretending that the 2000's left was really the party that was Pro-life, and that the parties had just switched labels in the intervening time (like you guys do with your predecessors from 150 years ago). Noted.

Just bless your heart.

Conservatives haven't given up on Roe v. Wade. The Supreme Court ruling isn't going to stop them. It will just make it more important to have a true conservative in office to appoint new justices when necessary.

Honest Question: would you give up on Roe v. Wade if you believed that abortion was the destruction of a developing child? You sound as though you are surprised and a little annoyed that people who have a different viewpoint on this topic wouldn't just shrug their shoulders and move on with their life. Heck, we have people fighting for paid paternity leave following the birth of a child, but we should sneer at people who believe the child might be just as valuable at 15 weeks as he/she is at 24 weeks?

Honestly, would you give up? Put yourself on the other side of the argument for a second.

Honest Question: would you give up on Roe v. Wade if you believed that abortion was the destruction of a developing child? You sound as though you are surprised and a little annoyed that people who have a different viewpoint on this topic wouldn't just shrug their shoulders and move on with their life. Heck, we have people fighting for paid paternity leave following the birth of a child, but we should sneer at people who believe the child might be just as valuable at 15 weeks as he/she is at 24 weeks?

Honestly, would you give up? Put yourself on the other side of the argument for a second.

Nope. When the Supreme Court rules, that's final.

cc: The Estate of Dredd Scott

I'm against abortion, too.

Massive difference between a fetus at 15 weeks and one at 24 weeks.

There is also a massive difference between a baby at 15 months and one at 24 months. So what?

Because that 15 month baby has already been born?

A fetus at 15 weeks cannot stay alive outside of the womb. Not a single reputable doctor/scientist disagrees.

Fascinating how few undecideds there are within both parties and in the Hillary vs. questions.

A fetus at 15 weeks cannot stay alive outside of the womb. Not a single reputable doctor/scientist disagrees.

Plenty of old people (and some young people as well) can't stay alive off of life support. Does that mean I get to run through the halls of the hospital pulling plugs?

Plenty of old people (and some young people as well) can't stay alive off of life support. Does that mean I get to run through the halls of the hospital pulling plugs?

No, you can't, but their legal guardian can decide to pull the plug and that is legal.

I demand that you show me a written contract where I agreed not to run through the halls of the hospital pulling plugs.

Not the point. We both know I disagree with the philosophy behind your stance. My point in asking PH was IF he believed as I do, would he stop pushing the issue? His statement made it pretty clear that Conservatives should 'give up'. I am asking him if he would give up if the circumstances were reverse.

Back