• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's Thread-How many will get Covid at Jerry World?

You just can't help yourself from posting something stupid can you?

Karl Malone has 2 mvp's
AD has 0

KM has 11 first team All NBA
AD has 3

KM has 3 first team all defensive NBA
AD has 1

KM is 2nd all time in scoring
Ad is (not even looking it up)

The only category where AD is superior is blocks.

Unless AD comes out and becomes the best player in the nba in the next few years AND maintains the highest level of play over another 10 years you can't even make that argument. Stick to horse racing.

Fuck off. It’s his thread.

Nobody said you can’t. You just have to be a special kind of asshole to come to this thread to talk shit to RJ.
If you think he can’t help himself from posting something stupid, why are you here?

Nobody said you can’t. You just have to be a special kind of asshole to come to this thread to talk shit to RJ.
If you think he can’t help himself from posting something stupid, why are you here?

You answered your question in your second sentence.

People are going to start talking about Giannis leaving $45-50M on the table if he leaves Milwaukee. Given his age, he's only leaving the 5% vig for staying on the table. He'll get that fifth year. In reality, with the new CBA, he might even make up the stay home vig with a larger max deal that will happen after he plays out his current contract.

Rumors on Hoopshype of trading CP3 and Giannis to go along with the stories about the Warriors wanting to trade #2 pick and assets for an experienced player. This could be an eventful six weeks.

EDIT: Now for something completely different. If you are either a Dodgers fan or a Vin Scully fan, Hunt Auctions is selling 299 pieces of Vin's memorabilia cache. There's everything from WS rings to Cousin Dave's NSMA Sportscaster of the year plaques.

Last edited:
I haven't been on the boards that much in the past couple months, so vaguely know that RJ has been limited to one thread, but how long will this punishment last? I feel like it's time to free RJ?

Although I have never really liked the Lakers, I do like Caruso. He seems to bring the team together. He's like their Ish.

It seems the rest and not being in last year's finals have given Lebron his 27 yo legs back. He is flying around on both ends. It's pretty amazing.

People keep saying Daryl Morey has the Rockets playing on advanced stats almost exclusively. It ain't working.

You can't win without rebounding or interior D. I love Covington, but even with his wingspan, he'll get abused by good bigs.

Although I have never really liked the Lakers, I do like Caruso. He seems to bring the team together. He's like their Ish.

It seems the rest and not being in last year's finals have given Lebron his 27 yo legs back. He is flying around on both ends. It's pretty amazing.

You saying Caruso isn’t ACC caliber?

:p:rofl::cool::cool:

Are we sure Caruso wasn't picked up from a rec league?

If you look at Pettit's career, he was a standard of success at PF. In an eleven year career, he was NBA first team his first ten years, NBA second team his eleventh. Enough said.
Bob Pettit joined my club up in Highlands NC last Summer. Still unbelievably active and sharp at 87 years old. He and Jack Madden (30 year NBA ref) did a one hour Q&A last month after dinner. Fascinating stories from the NBA barnstorming days, playing against Wilt and Bill Russell. Jack Madden is a hoot too.

I haven't been on the boards that much in the past couple months, so vaguely know that RJ has been limited to one thread, but how long will this punishment last? I feel like it's time to free RJ?

"Therefore, RJ is going to given the Kanhoji treatment throughout the rest of 2020, at which point in January 2021 he will be restored full posting privileges (on probation) given that he has demonstrated some good faith in attempting to be a less reactionary member of the community."

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...-(Kanhoji-Treatment)-and-Milhouse-(2-week-ban)

People keep saying Daryl Morey has the Rockets playing on advanced stats almost exclusively. It ain't working.

You can't win without rebounding or interior D. I love Covington, but even with his wingspan, he'll get abused by good bigs.

From an experimentation perspective, I love the idea of the Rockets. Push what the stats are telling you to the logical extreme. If it works, you've changed the game. If it doesn't, you have better understood some of the limits of the stats you are using. It sure looks like Morey is going to get learning rather than winning after this series though.

Why would Morey learn unless he gets fired? His teams have not succeeded at a high level for years and he hasn't changed at all.

I'm guessing owners of billion dollar franchises don't want long term experimentation.

Another example of the all stat, take the "best" player available was the Sixers taking Okafor in spite of having Embiid. You don't use a Top 3 pick for a player who can only play the same position as the cornerstone of your franchise. You pick someone else or trade the pick. You don't blindly do what a computer tells you to do.

Why would Morey learn unless he gets fired? His teams have not succeeded at a high level for years and he hasn't changed at all.

I'm guessing owners of billion dollar franchises don't want long term experimentation.

Another example of the all stat, take the "best" player available was the Sixers taking Okafor in spite of having Embiid. You don't use a Top 3 pick for a player who can only play the same position as the cornerstone of your franchise. You pick someone else or trade the pick. You don't blindly do what a computer tells you to do.

He might not learn, but if he doesn’t want to get fired, that’s a strong incentive to at least try to learn.

Morey has been the Golden Boy for the past decade. He doesn't have to worry being fired. Within a few months or a year, he'd get picked up by someone.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Masia Ujiri does next. If he doesn't get Giannis, I wouldn't be shocked to see him move to another team. He's been brilliant thus far. He's head and shoulders above all other GMs.

Back