• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney on Obama Voters: stupid poors should buy more money

No one has answered my questions yet, and I really would like to see someone take a stab at answering them. Explain how all seniors, lower wage earning parents, disabled folks, students and military in combat zones view themselves as victims. And second, explain how all seniors, lower wage earning parents, disabled folks, students and military in combat zones are moochers who take no responsibility for their lives.

No one has answered your question because there isn't a logical answer that exists. The only response you'll get is the typical misdirect that avoids the substance/facts of your question - i.e. what you got from the post below yours.

The Republicans apparently don't realize the damage of moocher talk.

".. I do not believe that liberal thought is now dominant in the USA. However, the country's changing quickly into an entitlement society. It's not so much that apathetic Americans are embracing the tenets of the left. It's just that they're selfish, and they want money for nothing, as Dire Straits once sang.

... If a charismatic conservative leader can emerge, and can fight off the media jackals, that person can turn the country to the right. Why? Because America is inherently a place of achievement. We've always been that. It's true that more Americans today want handouts than ever before. But that can be reversed....

There have always been selfish Americans. There have always been people who see themselves as victims and want to be paid for their perceived suffering. We've always had that. Now those people are in a comfort zone, because their victimization isn't being challenged. It's being encouraged by the Obama administration. But once the nanny-state victim mentality begins to get hammered, in an effective way, it will fall apart...."

-Bill O'Reilly

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/02/25/talking-points-memo-has-liberalism-won-in-america/

The next time candidate President Obama shows up a NRA meeting and starts shooting skeet, I will stand corrected.

A few months late, but...

8436110735_5ec05750a2_z.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...esident-obamas-skeet-shooting-photo-tells-us/

Romney's appearing on Fox News Sunday this week and giving a speech at CPAC. Seems like a lose/lose-he has no future in politics and conservatives never liked him. What's he gonna say-triple down on the same crap that caused the GOP to lose? Bizarre behavior from someone "who really didn't want it".

Romney's appearing on Fox News Sunday this week and giving a speech at CPAC. Seems like a lose/lose-he has no future in politics and conservatives never liked him. What's he gonna say-triple down on the same crap that caused the GOP to lose? Bizarre behavior from someone "who really didn't want it".

Book and Speaker's tours = $$$$$$$$

Why was Romney invited?

Book and Speaker's tours = $$$$$$$$

Mitt already has a $100 Million in an IRA, he doesn't need anymore loot. What would he write about and what's the market for him as a speaker? Conservatives hate him and should reject him as a party elder/wise man.

Mitt already has a $100 Million in an IRA, he doesn't need anymore loot. What would he write about and what's the market for him as a speaker? Conservatives hate him and should reject him as a party elder/wise man.

Who doesn't want more $$$$$? Bristol Palin makes $30k per appearance to literally speak about not doing the one thing she did to make $30k per speech. He will speak about business if nothing else.

Romney isn't suddenly a nobody to the conservative moment. He holds great sway with Mormon voters, a key conservative demographic. Frankly, he's much better suited to be working behind the scenes for the party rather than fronting it.

Last edited:
Just watched the Fox interview with the Romneys and it was painful. Ann Romney was allegedly Mitt's "secret weapon" as she's supposed to humanize and soften Mitt's image, but she came across as graceless, entitled, and bitter. Mitt ran for 6 or 7 years and very few people liked what they saw. There were way more anti-Obama voters than pro-Mitt voters. Still don't understand the Romneys' angle-there's no political future there and they certainly don't need the money. Ford, Mondale, Dukakis, Bush Sr, and Dole handled defeat with grace; McCain, Palin-not so much. Mitt's speech at CPAC makes even less sense, he's not the future of the GOP, but neither is Palin, Santorum, or DeMint. CPAC's Christie snub looks even more ridiculous.

Just watched the Fox interview with the Romneys and it was painful. Ann Romney was allegedly Mitt's "secret weapon" as she's supposed to humanize and soften Mitt's image, but she came across as graceless, entitled, and bitter. Mitt ran for 6 or 7 years and very few people liked what they saw. There were way more anti-Obama voters than pro-Mitt voters. Still don't understand the Romneys' angle-there's no political future there and they certainly don't need the money. Ford, Mondale, Dukakis, Bush Sr, and Dole handled defeat with grace; McCain, Palin-not so much. Mitt's speech at CPAC makes even less sense, he's not the future of the GOP, but neither is Palin, Santorum, or DeMint. CPAC's Christie snub looks even more ridiculous.

Needing more money and getting more money are two different things. Mitt's career stopped having him "need money" long, long ago. That's not the motivator. What else is he going to do?

It's not like he can just kick back with a cold one on one of his many backporches.

He should take up a cause, but I think his only cause is making sure people with a lot of money can always have more.

Thank you, I will cherish this award until, well, probably my next simplistic post. I think we need to see the forest instead of the trees sometime. This economy and this election is one of those times.

His last post. RIP, DKE.

His last post. RIP, DKE.

I just went and did an IP check on ncsportsnut1 to see if he came up under any new IPs as a different user. Nada.

Did find out that he did the bulk of his posting from the App State Library.

Back