• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rumor: Notre Dame Dropping 2014 Wake Forest football game

If true, screw Notre Dame and the rest of the new so called acc teams. I was at the luncheon 2 yrs ago when Wake's AD begged Notre Dame's AD: "Please join the ACC" it makes me sick to hear anyone whine like that......

Notre Dame......please leave the ACC.

Ron Wellman said today during the pregame radio show that we would not be able to play Notre Dame in 2014 due to Notre Dame schedule issues.
He said that it will be a scramble to find a replacement for the Irish for next year.

Ron Wellman said today during the pregame radio show that we would not be able to play Notre Dame in 2014 due to Notre Dame schedule issues.
He said that it will be a scramble to find a replacement for the Irish for next year.

I guess that makes it official.

Not sure how this isn't bigger news on the boards. Who do we find first, a replacement for ND or a replacement for Grobe?

If it's an FCS school I don't really think that counts as a replacement yet right, since we still need somebody else?

What are the chances of renewing the series with App St? Is there still too much to lose for the Deacs to play this series?

Again, App is not going to take that game unless it is a home and home.

I agree but Wake does not have leverage over App do to a total home series now that they have moved up to FBS.

I agree but Wake does not have leverage over App do to a total home series now that they have moved up to FBS.

They're going to be in the Sun Belt. Let's get a grip on reality here...

The reality is Wake Forest is not going to get a strictly home series with any FBS team in any conference.

What is the downside of going to Boone for a game? Our stadium holds 7,000 more people than theirs. So it can't be a facility issue.

Last edited:
In light of a new coaching/staff change plus the prospects of the team being very limited, not playing ND next year is a blessing. The new man will have his hands full being competitive within the ACC.

Besides Army who else do we have OOC ?

Wake Forest's Non-Conference Opponents By Year:
2011: Notre Dame, at Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Gardner-Webb
2012: Army, Liberty, at Notre Dame, Vanderbilt
2013: at Army, Rice, at Vanderbilt, TBA
2014: Army, Northern Illinois, at Rice, at Vanderbilt
2015: at Army, Vanderbilt, at Notre Dame, TBA

Wake Forest's Non-Conference Opponents By Year:
2011: Notre Dame, at Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Gardner-Webb
2012: Army, Liberty, at Notre Dame, Vanderbilt
2013: at Army, Rice, at Vanderbilt, TBA
2014: Army, Northern Illinois, at Rice, at Vanderbilt
2015: at Army, Vanderbilt, at Notre Dame, TBA

I missed that Rice game this year. How did we do against TBA?

Back