• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rush Mafia - Game Over - Rush Wins Again

Of course in the context of SD3’s specific decision to out his role it’s not really informative since he thought he had to publicly claim his role.

So, on Day 2, there was only one person that visited Eagles. Could be investigation, could be protection, hard to say, but very likely a civ. Eagles wasn't killed, and didn't claim silenced or RB, typical reasons that mafia would visit someone. But you already said that Eagles has been a part of killing two mafia. As a civ, he is very dangerous to mafia. So the mafia would want to get rid of him as quickly as possible, potentially using a strongman hit to make sure. Otherwise, he is going to keep picking off mafia. That is why I leaned mafia on him. Certainly not a lock on Day 2, but it is curious.

ok eagles, but you weren't silenced and you didn't claim RB is additional logic here, i guess if you were protected that's not determinative, but neither is being alive and good at mafia

Coming out with that info is dumb. If he knows he has that power, he claims to the mod then comes out with a ridiculous power that either gets him claimed or hit later in the game once a few powers are out. Now the mafia gets to decide.

And my opinion on JTP actively talking about another mafia player still in the game on another thread while this game was ongoing doesn’t have anything to do with my alignment. I think he should’ve been AA’d because it’s beyond ridiculous.

i haven't said anything about jtp, but this is a good prompt for me to actually dig up all the doofus defenses you gave

Coming out with that info is dumb. If he knows he has that power, he claims to the mod then comes out with a ridiculous power that either gets him claimed or hit later in the game once a few powers are out. Now the mafia gets to decide.

And my opinion on JTP actively talking about another mafia player still in the game on another thread while this game was ongoing doesn’t have anything to do with my alignment. I think he should’ve been AA’d because it’s beyond ridiculous.

suck my dick you broke ass bitch.

Yeah I was just catching up on the thread and responding to items that stood out in one post.

And yeah the doofus defense was a bad play. I thought he was civ because I thought there was no way mafia clears parlay like he did.

Yeah I was just catching up on the thread and responding to items that stood out in one post.

And yeah the doofus defense was a bad play. I thought he was civ because I thought there was no way mafia clears parlay like he did.
Doofus civ clearing parlay was level 1 maf play (or .01 as numbers said)
Numbers defending doofus there would also be a level 1 maf play

But turns out doofus actually did make the level 1 play. Would numbers have made a similar level 1 play while calling out doofus for playing it level 1?

Makes you think.

Disagree. Coming out was the highest EV+ play I could make there. It takes me out of lynch contention and the mafia have to use a night hit or vig hit to kill me. If the do it now, it protects other specials for a full night. If they do it later, more info comes back from the grave. If they never kill me, they significantly reduce endgame chances.

He did say this which rings close to not how parlay handles things as mafia but yeah he didn’t outright say that he believed parlay deviated from normal run.

Also just applying my doofus knowledge in RL to here he knows absolutely nothing about rush (neither do I) so he either carefully cultivated his claim with mafia help or he’s telling the truth based on his role.

Regardless seems like a legitimate claim to table another day. Especially if we’re still just ignoring knight and whatever it is he alleges himself to be.

So we just think doofus is horrible at mafia? I mean I agree that’s a level 1 play but there’s no reason at all for him to post there about the topic when there’s a runaway train. I mean that is like level .01 play.

Also if doofus is civ the first few votes on him today show some very bad boys.

What’s the doofus case overall? I don’t have strong feelings either way. Is it just the refusal to vote parlay?

these

someone screenshot numbers tantrum in mafia chat about me.

I'd appreciate it.

Disagree. Coming out was the highest EV+ play I could make there. It takes me out of lynch contention and the mafia have to use a night hit or vig hit to kill me. If the do it now, it protects other specials for a full night. If they do it later, more info comes back from the grave. If they never kill me, they significantly reduce endgame chances.

I think you played it fine.

And after that Eagles still didn't think he was clear...

That's as much a red flag as anything for me with Eagles.

In a game where it’s unlikely there’s nightly protection given the roles that are out there, I do find it increasingly odd that Eagles is still around. On the flip side mafia has the same read on this as we do and can let him sit for a bit and perhaps get lynched to help them out. Similarly I don’t know that eagles takes the tact he does with DV7 and doofus early on if he’s mafia with them. I’m going back through his posts now.

That second to the bottom post by numbers is actually very civvy imo.

"Also if doofus is civ the first few votes on him today show some very bad boys."

That’s a fair point about the other specials being preserved. Although you may have one of the strongest roles in the game since it seems a lot of the traditional civ specials are spread out over multiple people and you have a one night catch all to relate information from people who have died.

Those make me less inclined to think numbers is mafia.

Back