• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rush Mafia - Game Over - Rush Wins Again

If a watcher/tracker/GF hunter (wasting any actual protection would be dumb) wants to vet my claim, just target me. Shit's gonna fail, yo.

Dude, you are hella important. You could target me at night and so could every other special. You'd be able to basically narrow the pool so hardcore.

There is more to it than that.

- Trying to skate by on the early dv7 vote which I don't believe is all that clearing given eagles as mafia puts votes on the people he thinks look bad. fair
- Very late vote on doofus that gets no credit. really misleading and incorrect; redwing was UP ONE on doofus when i voted. how is that very late? i could have voted redwing and redwing would have died there.
- Pushed to kill tim over gouda (which only applies if they're maf teammates) tbd, if gouda is not mafia this is irrelevant.
- Bad SD3 analysis earlier when imo, SD3 is pretty damn clear. I don't believe eagles actually would believe mafSD3 would make up that role and come out as he did. inaccurate bordering on misleading statement about what i said. i said sd3 belonged in the second tier which you hilariously moved him into on post 1295, doing exactly what i said!
And then the whole thing about how he has survived multiple days when he looked pretty civvy early on.

i don't know whether this is just terribly incorrect logic as a civ, or just flat out fake information like townie did the other game as mafia hoping people don't actually go back and re-read any of this.

That second to the bottom post by numbers is actually very civvy imo.

"Also if doofus is civ the first few votes on him today show some very bad boys."

yep, the whole thing is a hedge upon reread, classic doofus/numbers stuff

If knight doesn’t come back to answer questions about his role I don’t see why we don’t run him today.

yep, the whole thing is a hedge upon reread, classic doofus/numbers stuff

Don’t find it as a hedge at all. I didn’t think doofus was mafia and I was adamant about it. I said if he is mafia he got coached about rush because he doesn’t know shit about it.

Updating this.

Close to cleared
20. JTP - gave us the 3 civs
10. Toogs - one of the 3 civs
8. Mako - one of the 3 civs, claims to be able to hand out a gun
5. Redwing - watcher power claim as band member, claims to know who protection is n2

Strong civ leans

11. SD3 - dead talker

Civ lean
12. Townie - I don't think end of day with dv7 plays out like it did if both were mafia. Both gave out substantial information to try and save themselves. If both mafia, I think we would have seen more separation plays between the two and/or both just not giving info about their role and letting it play out.
3. Nonny - I think I've played a pretty civ game but I'll let you all decide that.

Claims, civ leaning
21. Knight - night invincible power claim

Others
1. Gouda
2. Numbers
13. Ryala
18. JMan

Maf lean
16. Eaglez - maf lean, explanation #1106

Gouda and Eaglez the two likely candidates for today. Also the ones that if they flip mafia, we'll learn the most from how people reacted yesterday and upcoming.

sd3 has an offbeat unconfirmed power; that's not the same as mako & toog who are cleared if jtp is a civ. i'm not voting for sd3 this round but he should not be in the same category that he's in imo.

just so it's clear, updating what you posted was moving sd3 out of the first tier, into the next one. which is exactly what i said. do not twist that into me saying he is mafia. that's completely bogus analysis.

i hate to propose this but with people going a lot of different directions i wouldn't mind letting jtp and toogs steer this round as clear civs (and mako too if he wants)

Btw protection should 100% be on redwing tonight, if that wasn't already obvious.

MOD NOTE: Ryala voted this round at post #656 and is not in danger of AA. Sorry for any confusion.

Doofus (7) - Ryala, Rommy, Townie, JTP, Redwing, Hoophead, JMan
Redwing (6) - Tim, Knight, SD3, Doofus, Nonny, Mako
Gouda (2) - Toogs, Numbers
JMan (1) - Gouda

YTV - Eaglez

***Switch to redwing***

***doofus***

I say we let this live at least today. Not worth risking killing a powerful civ special here b/c we don't know game dynamics.

***Doofus***

the above posts were 10:22, 10:24, 10:26 & 10:27.

my favorite part of my irrelevant very late vote that gets no credit on doofus which brought him into a tie is nonny was the next vote after mine.

Don’t find it as a hedge at all. I didn’t think doofus was mafia and I was adamant about it. I said if he is mafia he got coached about rush because he doesn’t know shit about it.

you said "i don't have strong feelings either way" and "either mafia helped him cultivate his answer or he's telling the truth"

those are hedges, you essentially argued both voting for him and tabling him

sorry, i broke the tie. i thought numbers switched off doofus onto redwing. so it was 7/7 when i pushed him up one.

Who do you think we should lynch today? (I also think you're pretty clear)

i was totally with you about eagles and gouda being the tie

eagles and gouda seem to be trying to steer things another direction

they could both be bad, and i'm fine with either of them

my numbers reread wasn't as damning as i thought it was upon first blush

i hate to propose this but with people going a lot of different directions i wouldn't mind letting jtp and toogs steer this round as clear civs (and mako too if he wants)

I am the clearest civ in the game. I'm talking myself into Jman. A Jman/eagles top 2 could be interesting

Back