• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

Outside of the final drive, Sam looked very pedestrian vs Duke. He must feel like Mike Elkins going from Al Groh’s offense to Bill Dooley’s. And he has one good receiver (the tight end). Makes one appreciate Coach R, Coach Higgins and Clawson.

“Williams, Maye, Hartman, there will be QB available in the draft.”

Seen on a NFL forum discussing replacing Mac Jones or Fields. Almost certainly getting ahead of ourselves, but still…looks like a good business decision for Hartman.

Every legit draft projection still has Hartman as a Day 3 pick, if that. That's why he transferred to ND instead of entering the 2023 draft. He's gritty and charismatic, but don't think he's shown anything at ND that has merited a big time NFL upgrade.

Yeah, let's not forget the million(s?) he is making in NIL. Maybe no player has taken better advantage of this yet.

Every legit draft projection still has Hartman as a Day 3 pick, if that. That's why he transferred to ND instead of entering the 2023 draft. He's gritty and charismatic, but don't think he's shown anything at ND that has merited a big time NFL upgrade.
Glad Sam is making nice $ with NIL as agree he really isn’t improving his draft status as fairly pedestrian against good teams.

I'm sure Sam will kindly donate us a win in South Bend out of pity

Regardless of Hartman's NIL $ or NFL prospects, I personally would have liked to go through the rest of my life telling people I was the starting QB at Notre Dame. I would wear my letter jacket every day for life.

I'm sure Sam will kindly donate us a win in South Bend out of pity
It's obviously a complete fantasy, but can you imagine how funny it would be if Hartman decided to be a double agent and tank the game against Wake so that his former teammates can keep the bowl streak alive? He already got his NIL money and ND will likely have (at least) two losses by the time he plays Wake. Just throw the ball straight to Caelen 5 times and do your friends a favor Sam

Back