• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

Yeah they’d be 11-1 with a loss to Wake and a win over SoCal and on their way to the CFP probably.

Sam gave Wake the best QB run in our history and waited it out w Jamie when he could have left. He has a Wake degree and then because of his development, career and Covid was given an extra year and w Clawsons blessing is going to the #1 brand in college football. In each game he plays his success will be mentioned which is good for Wake. Even Freeman mentioned Wake in his comments which was a class act.

I would feel different if Sam left Wake before he graduated but he didn’t and it’s allowed us to keep Mitch. Sam is just going to get a grad degree at a different school than his undergraduate degree; many people do that.

I hope he goes 11-1 this year.
Excellently stated and if Sam had stayed this season, we might have lost Mitch. So all is good.

I’m not being a jerk but how does that help Wake? We get all our good qbs poached?
We couldn’t buy the kind of name placement we got with KW3’s run with Michigan State. Wake Forest was mentioned EVERY TIME the national or local media talked about him. For a school like Wake that may deserve to be in conversations but realistically isn’t because of history and size, that’s national exposure we wouldn’t otherwise get. That’s our name in a midwestern kid’s living room, our name in print media so no one ever confuses us again with “Lake Forest” (hello Eagle Bank Bowl🤦‍♀️) I don’t like losing our players either, but 20 yrs ago Top 25 programs wouldn’t dream of looking at a transfer from WF. The sting is lessened when the move is lateral or upward—we make those career moves all the time—versus playing down. In the post-portal, post-NIL world, every school is going to lose talent

Yeah they’d be 11-1 with a loss to Wake and a win over SoCal and on their way to the CFP probably.
If ND goes 11-1 with their only loss to Wake, then you'd have to think that the Deacs would be in CFB playoff mix with a split with FSU and Clemson.

Seems like Florida and Auburn may be willing to pony up some cash...

solanaapetradingclub-satc.gif

I'm going to laugh my ass off if Buchner winds up at Alabama with Tommy Rees.

so not good enough to beat out a former WF QB at ND but good enough to compete for the starting job at Bama?

so not good enough to beat out a former WF QB at ND but good enough to compete for the starting job at Bama?

Bama's quarterbacks will definitely flash this season at some point, but on the whole Milroe is not that great.

Looks like it took Sam a few weeks of practice to get the playbook down. Now look out! And Buchner has decided he is out. Or, at least, looking for a bigger payday.

Back