• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

I hate to say, but after seeing the ND game vs. Clemson, Hartman’s career at the NFL-level will likely be short-lived (probably at best holding a clipboard). Clawson built a system where Sam excelled his talents. Unfortunately, the slow mesh won’t work in the NFL with the speed of those defenses, even with the shittiest teams. Obviously, ND coaches and players (OL, RBs, WRs) couldn’t understand that type of offense. And, it’s obvious that we currently don’t have a QB that knows to execute that system.

I hate to say, but after seeing the ND game vs. Clemson, Hartman’s career at the NFL-level will likely be short-lived (probably at best holding a clipboard). Clawson built a system where Sam excelled his talents. Unfortunately, the slow mesh won’t work in the NFL with the speed of those defenses, even with the shittiest teams. Obviously, ND coaches and players (OL, RBs, WRs) couldn’t understand that type of offense. And, it’s obvious that we currently don’t have a QB that knows to execute that system.

I’m curious if you have watched any other ND games this year or just today’s game.

I’m curious if you have watched any other ND games this year or just today’s game.
Last year, we had a better OL, better RBs, and WRs who could pull catches out their ass than ND this year. ND’s offense looks a lot like Wake’s this year. Just going through the motions.

Last year, we had a better OL, better RBs, and WRs who could pull catches out their ass than ND this year. ND’s offense looks a lot like Wake’s this year. Just going through the motions.
Have to generally agree with this.

ND game should be interesting. Wake knows Hartman’s weaknesses, but Hartman also knows that the defense plays 8 yards off of the WRs. Almost would consider that game a coin flip.

Not the question that I asked.

Not the question that I asked.
Why are you being such a dick tonight? Yes, I have watched ND games this season. Show me a quality win this season for them. It’s like rewatching Wake games where they beat up the weaklings but can’t win a big one. And don’t pull the crap that Duke was ranked when they played them.

I watch and pull for Hartman each week. I do not pull for ND, but he happens to be there.

This is not a major revelation, and the main reason Sam turned 'professional" and took a million $+ offer to continue his career at ND. He was not last season or clearly after this season a top-4 round draft prospect. Good for him to leverage his talents into getting paid what amounts to a dozen years or more of a combined 6-figure annual income.

Sam Hartman is 0-5 against Clemson. The only other QB to go 0-5 against an opponent was Chris Rix. I have deduced that only extremely attractive QBs ever go 0-5 against the same opponent.

It continues to shock me how so many self-proclaimed smart people on these boards lack the fundamental concepts of multi-variate thinking. Sam going to ND isn't a good or bad move solely predicated on ND's wins and losses. Or his dad's income. Or Wake's current record. It's true he and Wake could have better records if he stayed. It's true that his prospects don't change regardless of where he plays this year. It's true he made a good decision financially. It's true that Notre Dame has worse receivers especially since #88 is out. It's true that Hartman is just Hartman and can't win against elite competition regardless of the circumstances.

None of this matters. We have a terrible QB as starter and we need to deal with that misery somehow.

Why are you being such a dick tonight? Yes, I have watched ND games this season. Show me a quality win this season for them. It’s like rewatching Wake games where they beat up the weaklings but can’t win a big one. And don’t pull the crap that Duke was ranked when they played them.

You made a comment based on today’s game. I asked if you had watched any other games. You responded with a lot of information but nothing that answered the question I asked. I pointed out that you failed to answer my question.

I’m not being a dick. You have now answered my question and you’re anticipating arguments you think I’m going to make based on what? The fact that I asked if you had a sample size larger than 1?

It continues to shock me how so many self-proclaimed smart people on these boards lack the fundamental concepts of multi-variate thinking. Sam going to ND isn't a good or bad move solely predicated on ND's wins and losses. Or his dad's income. Or Wake's current record. It's true he and Wake could have better records if he stayed. It's true that his prospects don't change regardless of where he plays this year. It's true he made a good decision financially. It's true that Notre Dame has worse receivers especially since #88 is out. It's true that Hartman is just Hartman and can't win against elite competition regardless of the circumstances.

None of this matters. We have a terrible QB as starter and we need to deal with that misery somehow.
I think we’re dealing with it by temporarily distracting ourselves with pointless arguments about our old quarterback.

ND game should be interesting. Wake knows Hartman’s weaknesses, but Hartman also knows that the defense plays 8 yards off of the WRs. Almost would consider that game a coin flip.
What now? I would expect a game like the one in 2012 which I believe was the infamous day that a [Redacted] hoops team lost to Iona by a gazillion points while the football team was getting smoked by ND in South Bend.

With our QB situation?

What now? I would expect a game like the one in 2012 which I believe was the infamous day that a [Redacted] hoops team lost to Iona by a gazillion points while the football team was getting smoked by ND in South Bend.
Bingo! Man knows his history.

Back