• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

What now? I would expect a game like the one in 2012 which I believe was the infamous day that a [Redacted] hoops team lost to Iona by a gazillion points while the football team was getting smoked by ND in South Bend.

Wasn't the Iona game like 42-5 at one point? Between [Redacted] and that football team, I took a year off from Wake sports. Actually took a few years off. Still contributed but watched almost none of either football or basketball.

Wasn't the Iona game like 42-5 at one point? Between [Redacted] and that football team, I took a year off from Wake sports. Actually took a few years off. Still contributed but watched almost none of either football or basketball.

Better to take a few years off from Wake sports before Wake sports takes a few years off of you.

I was there in St Thomas along with five or six other loyal Wake fans— we were asking what was going on in South Bend. The irony is that we were pumped since CMM looked great the nite before against UConn—the future looked promising.

He had a good day yesterday. Very strange seeing him on the other side. I understand why he made the move but I think it tainted a lot of people’s opinion of him, fairly or unfairly, actually watching him play against us.

Last edited:
He had a good day yesterday. Very strange seeing him on the other side. I understand why he made the move but I think it tainted a lot of people’s opinion of him, fairly or unfairly, actually watching him play against us.
He made money this year and only improved his prospects among 40-something housewives. #winning

I can't believe how deep things went into the shit this year with the Wake football program. Not only did we lose Sam, which I had come to terms with, but we had an absolutely awful season. Lost to Duke and State. Only won a single ACC game so far. Won't have a winning record and likely will miss out on a bowl (we still have a chance if we beat Cuse to get to 5-7 - we'd be 3rd in the 5-7 teams pecking order). Not only is Wake having a shitty year, but Sam didn't even leave us for a playoff contending team. Notre Dame has been totally underwhelming. I didnt' care to watch on Saturday, mostly because Wake's offense is absolutely horrible and upsets me. But also because I didn't even care to see Hartman anymore. If ND was still in the national convo I would have tuned in. But they're just mediocre and we're plan bad.

I will tune into the Cuse game because HOPEFULLY we have a shot.

I can't believe how deep things went into the shit this year with the Wake football program. Not only did we lose Sam, which I had come to terms with, but we had an absolutely awful season. Lost to Duke and State. Only won a single ACC game so far. Won't have a winning record and likely will miss out on a bowl (we still have a chance if we beat Cuse to get to 5-7 - we'd be 3rd in the 5-7 teams pecking order). Not only is Wake having a shitty year, but Sam didn't even leave us for a playoff contending team. Notre Dame has been totally underwhelming. I didnt' care to watch on Saturday, mostly because Wake's offense is absolutely horrible and upsets me. But also because I didn't even care to see Hartman anymore. If ND was still in the national convo I would have tuned in. But they're just mediocre and we're plan bad.

I will tune into the Cuse game because HOPEFULLY we have a shot.

Babers got canned today, so who knows??

Nothing like the curse of the interim head coach who likely will be unemployed by the end of the season.
Oh yeah, we'll get the story of the beloved, unheralded assistant coach they players all adore and how this is finally his chance to be head coach and the players wanting to not only win this game for him, but get him to a bowl game as well. Just the type of situation we rarely overcome.

Oh yeah, we'll get the story of the beloved, unheralded assistant coach they players all adore and how this is finally his chance to be head coach and the players wanting to not only win this game for him, but get him to a bowl game as well. Just the type of situation we rarely overcome.
We haven't overcome anything this season other than a totally pathetic first half performance at ODU. So I don't feel any confidence. I hope the team does.

I really do enjoy this last "rivalry week" of the football season so i hope Wake can get it done... and we can actually have some fun counting the 6-6 teams to see what bowls we might be a fill-in for.

And then they'll all transfer.

Back