• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

These recent tournaments are just an awesome F you to LIV. Awesome showdown between Rory, JT, & Finau. Awesome showdown between Zally, Chef, Fitz. Potential/likely awesome showdown between Rory/Xander/Cantlay. Meanwhile no one watched or cared about the ghost of Schwartzel winning the first LIV event and no LIV players sniffed the leaderboard at the Open.

These recent tournaments are just an awesome F you to LIV. Awesome showdown between Rory, JT, & Finau. Awesome showdown between Zally, Chef, Fitz. Potential/likely awesome showdown between Rory/Xander/Cantlay. Meanwhile no one watched or cared about the ghost of Schwartzel winning the first LIV event and no LIV players sniffed the leaderboard at the Open.

Yeah but the Saudi's are all super butthurt and the players (who are no longer a part of the PGA tour) are also super mad and salty and stuff. Don't you see how this is working out? You're a jealous, Wake Forest grad loser -- clearly. And how's your April scorecard? And how are your wife and dog?

#DRBatSignal

And Kupcho is in contention in another major at Congressional if Chun doesn't run away with it.

For those of us who love Wake golf and those who believe it’s our sports history this thread has turned lame. Haven’t heard much of anything about Wake players and teams and little love for Jennifer and no effing mention of Jay Haas at the US Senior Open at 68 years old.

LIV will ultimately make the PGA tour better and those that know me on this board (DR is one) can attest to my connection and support of the tour. On another note I’m going to predict Will Z’s first PGA tour win will be at the Wyndham Championship…just like Webb

Webb and Bill Haas made the cut at the Travelers.

Bill Haas has some work to do to get in the top 125. The LIV defections will help, but Haas needs a top 10

His 64 today was probably his best round since the accident, my hope for Bill is that he will be on the front page on Sunday in a few events. I’m not sure he can win again but there’s always hope. On another note I played with Kyle Haas in the Am Am at the AJGA event at Sedgefield…really great kid and looks just like his dad, different swing though

Webb and Bill Haas made the cut at the Travelers.

Bill Haas has some work to do to get in the top 125. The LIV defections will help, but Haas needs a top 10

His old man ain’t doing too bad at the US Senior Open either, in contention going into the weekend at 68 years young. If he would win, that would be as impressive as Mickelson winning the PGA last year, IMHO.

His 64 today was probably his best round since the accident, my hope for Bill is that he will be on the front page on Sunday in a few events. I’m not sure he can win again but there’s always hope. On another note I played with Kyle Haas in the Am Am at the AJGA event at Sedgefield…really great kid and looks just like his dad, different swing though

Jay had his best years in his 40s so you never know. Bill is using his one-time all-time money list exemption this year so he really needs to get it done.

He has moved up a bit today but has had an odd round: 6 birdies, 2 bogeys, 1 double.

Eugene Chicarro (sp) who played at Wake then at Ok St has joined LIV and will play in the next event. Kid can really play so I’m a little surprised he didn’t try to get a couple sponsors exemptions for PGA tour events.

BTW his sister could be our best player next year for the Wake women

Interesting decision. One of the great things about golf is watching young players have to manage their schedule and pool of money as they rise up golf's ranks. There are so many of them for sure.

The current path, with very very few exceptions is only a once a year chance to get through Korn Ferry school. If more paths are open, and more options like this available, it can only help young folks like this. This is basically a 500K-1m guaranteed option that many great players would never make. More money in golf is great for the players.

Interesting tourney in Munich with Li outlasting Pieters in a playoff. Both had disappeared for a few years but are playing better this year. 6-7 years back, I thought Pieters was going to be the next great Euro, but then he spent a few years in the wilderness, probably mostly due to his putter. But now he's back in the top 50.

And then skipped out on talking to the media after her choke job.

And she got fined for slow play, which was totally deserved.

Back