• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Glad you respect Fowler. I do too but not for this. Do you respect him enough to pay for his grandkids’ education?

I respect Varner. He did what he needed to do so his grandkids aren’t back in poor Gastonia. That’s what doing the right thing is all about. I can’t tell you many how many tour wives have told me “we have enough trophies, we want to pay for our family.”

Varner understands poverty first hand. Now his grandkids will not. He achieved what he needed to at the last possible chance. MJ didn’t want him to go but, like you, he didn’t care enough about it to provide for Varner’s grandkids. Respect and admiration is short lived and surface for sure. Generational wealth actually pays the bills.

rickie fowler can pay for his grandkids education just fine. you are such a hanger on

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/richest-golfers/rickie-fowler/

lotta these loser golfers settling down with wives and possibly dogs. no wonder they have to go over to the loser tour to help pay for their damn wiener kids.

Sound like anyone we know?

FbVdDQHWIAAjSDV

"those who defected will live on the fringe of golf relevance"

That won't age well. LIV players will probably win 30-60% of majors the next 5 years.

What's so great about sports, like business, is we get to add them up and see who was right.

Who wants to take responsibility for filing this prediction away to be re-visited 5 years from now?

rickie fowler can pay for his grandkids education just fine. you are such a hanger on

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/richest-golfers/rickie-fowler/

Yeah, I was about to post that. I don't think we need to weep for his kids and grandkids. $40mil goes a pretty long way, even with inflation.

I also can't wait to watch those competitive LIV golfers win 30-60% of the upcoming majors.

As for Ashley Perez, omg. I mean, I figured he'd be married to a stripper type, but omg. I wouldn't fuck her with Bea Arthur's dick. But I do better understand his LIV decision after viewing that picture. I mean, I don't believe in trigger warnings and think folks these days are too thin skinned. But that shit merits a trigger warning.

$1,000 less than 45% of the majors in the next 5 years are won by LIV players. You in, DR?

DR is predicting that 6 to 12 of the next 20 majors will be won by Cam Smith and who else? Richard Bland and Hudson Swofford?

$1,000 less than 45% of the majors in the next 5 years are won by LIV players. You in, DR?

Well, in 2 years when those LIV players have begged their way back onto the tour how will those last 3 years be counted?

I counted 11 of the top 50 went LIV. That's pathetic, especially considering the money being thrown at them to sell their businesses and go to LIV.

Man, looking at the roster of LIV players is really just rough. But they sold their businesses and got out at what they felt like was the moment they could get the most for it. And poof - gone from golf.

I love Rory.

If every Liv player was given the chance today to go back and act like they never left the PGA, I wonder how many take it? I bet there are quite a few who would.

If every Liv player was given the chance today to go back and act like they never left the PGA, I wonder how many take it? I bet there are quite a few who would.

If Monahan was proactive, did something in response to the threat of LIV, and came up with their current plan before the ball got rolling… I think a good number of the players stay and LIV dies before it even begins.

"those who defected will live on the fringe of golf relevance"

That won't age well. LIV players will probably win 30-60% of majors the next 5 years.

What's so great about sports, like business, is we get to add them up and see who was right.

Just my two cents but I have got to think that not playing 72 hole events and just playing 54 hole events will be a problem competitively in the pressure cooker of a final round in a major tournament. We shall see.

I don't. LIV is great for the infirm and aging crowd. As for some of the young guys and guys in their primes, these are some of the folks who have sued the PGA. I can see someone like Smith still sitting on the fence. But I doubt more than a couple would return.

Back