• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Defending champ Max Homa finishes birdie-birdie-birdie to take a one stroke lead over Rahmbo.

Defending champ Max Homa finishes birdie-birdie-birdie to take a one stroke lead over Rahmbo.
Love me some Max Homa. Although I thought he won this 2 years ago. About to go in and watch it - love Riviera

Saw some of the Thailand DP event. 1st time DP has been there in a while. Pretty cool course with 17 as a true island green that you have to take a boat to get there. The Barnrat is doing well - would be nice for him to win there. But I noticed no LIV guys there. But a bunch of them are playing in the Asian Tour Doha event this week and played in the Oman event last week (none finished top 3). Did the DP win their court case? Or maybe the LIV guys preferred staying in the ME for 2 more weeks. I'm guessing the latter because the payouts are better than average for the Asian Tour and on courses the DP used to play at.

Good call. Homa won in 2021. Current LIV golfer Joaquin Niemann won last year.

What a finish by Tiger today. You know Rory didn't want to miss that short birdie on 18 after JT and Tiger had made theirs!

When will all the winning stop?

A judge has ruled that Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund and its governor can be deposed and must produce documents in the ongoing litigation battles between the PGA Tour and LIV Golf.

The decision is a major victory for the tour, as federal magistrate judge Susan van Keulen has rejected LIV’s arguments that the PIF and Yasir Al-Rumayyan are protected by sovereign immunity laws because Al-Rumayan’s conduct “falls within the commercial activity exception to the Foreign Sovereign Immunity Act.” Should the ruling hold, it would give unprecedented access into the business dealings of the sovereign wealth fund, which Saudi Arabia has long fought to keep secret.

Good call. Homa won in 2021. Current LIV golfer Joaquin Niemann won last year.
I have a great Niemann story.

Last year, I was down in Jupiter with some friends playing The Dye Preserve. They have a massive driving range and you walk from there to the first tee. As we are walking down No. 1 (parallel to the range), we hear this loud ting sound about every 20 seconds or so. I had a played quite a few times before and never heard it. Ting. As we finish 1 and walk to No. 2, we pass Niemann and some other pros hitting wedges from 75 yards behind the net of the range aiming at the poles supporting the net. The poles were about 8 inches wide. It was kind of insane how accurate he was.

The next week he won Riviera.

do PGA tour guys go out like Friday night in between rounds and live it up?
I wasn't there, but multiple sources (lol) told me that Cam Smith was at the hotel bar until after 3 am on the Saturday night of the BMW at Caves Valley. Depends on the player, I'm sure.

do PGA tour guys go out like Friday night in between rounds and live it up?
If you're John Daly or Pat Perez, then yes.

I love the outrage at what was supposed to be a private joke. Christine Brennan must be a fun person to hang with.

All of the top golfers are so likeable. With most of the easy to hate golfers leaving for LIV, who is there to pull against. Full Swing didn't help any. Seeing that these guys are just normal guys just makes me like them more.

What if Tiger decided he was a woman and changed his name to Tigress and went and played on the LPGA tour ? Would it be okay to hand out tampons then ?

Back