• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Range finders definitely speed up play. The times when play really slows down is when a player hits a shot to a place that the caddie hadn’t expected and hadn’t stepped off. So the caddie has to do the best he can as quickly as he can.

I mean since we're televising every shot, can we just abandon the whole scorecard thing so we don't have to wait 20 minutes for an interview after a win?
No player’s finish is official until he signs his scorecard. And since his playing partner was keeping his scorecard, he has to sit at the scoring table, go through it hole by hole, and make sure the other guy got it right. And we’re not televising every shot. Mostly we’t just televising the shots of the last few groups on Sundays.

Great win. Koepka is the best major performer of the post Tiger era by a long shot. I'm probably in the minority of being a fan.

And I still won't watch him when he plays exhibition events.
With LIV winning a major now they should need to get together soon and work this out. 3 in Top 9 also. They have some players and Brooks can play on Ryder Cup team.

Are you saying range finders are not more precise vs not having a range finder? What?
Yes- I wouldn't say they are significantly more precise - not on tour when the caddie's job revolves around having exact yardages. They just allow the caddy to get that precise yardage much, much more quickly.

With LIV winning a major now they should need to get together soon and work this out. 3 in Top 9 also. They have some players and Brooks can play on Ryder Cup team.
Except the main reason LIV exists is because Greg Norman found someone with money who would help him exercise a thirty-year hard on against the PGA Tour for not supporting his world tour idea. Plus, the source of the money is from a regime that has a horrible a humans rights record and a horrible women’s rights record.

How does that change anything from the Tour's perspective?

How does that change anything from the Tour's perspective?

It shouldn’t. A four-time major winner won his fifth major. And good on him, he earned it and is one of the great players of this generation. As for LIV, Koepka didn’t seem to care much for regular Tour events anyway, so 54-hole shotguns which matter to no one must suit him just fine.

Last edited:
Would love it if this tournament could be the gateway for range finders being allowed across all tours. Such a dumb prohibition at this point.

Brooks will be on the Ryder Cup Team, he’s qualified on points and is a member of the PGA of America. dJ will get a look also.

Would love it if this tournament could be the gateway for range finders being allowed across all tours. Such a dumb prohibition at this point.
Yeah let’s complain about slow play, but make caddies walk off yardages, when the range finders can give them the same info in a couple of seconds.

I think Rory loved all of it as much as Block did.
He and Rose definitely got a kick out of playing with him the last 2 days. Block's response Saturday on learning he'd be playing with Rory was priceless.

Koepka's resurgence has been impressive. He was the best golfer on the planet from 2017-19, and then he seemed to lose interest in the 1st covid year due to no crowds being there. I had thought he had just lost interest in the game but hadn't realized the serious nature of his knee injuries the last 2 years. I'm guessing the knee was 1 of the reasons he went to LIV. When asked after the round how big this was for LIV, he downplayed the LIV aspect and said it was bigger for him. I get the sense he now regrets going to LIV. And if he has returned to that 2017-19 form, I think he has more majors left in him than Rahm, Rory and Scottie because he's a more consistent putter and has zero weaknesses in his game. Not many bigger venues than Oak Hill, Bethpage and Shinnecock. Now he just needs Winged Foot for the NY grand slam. Also surprised to hear he's procreating.

Block must be drooling as he approaches 50 and a shot at the Champions Tour. His swing will last a long time and that guy can putt.

He and Rose definitely got a kick out of playing with him the last 2 days. Block's response Saturday on learning he'd be playing with Rory was priceless.

Koepka's resurgence has been impressive. He was the best golfer on the planet from 2017-19, and then he seemed to lose interest in the 1st covid year due to no crowds being there. I had thought he had just lost interest in the game but hadn't realized the serious nature of his knee injuries the last 2 years. I'm guessing the knee was 1 of the reasons he went to LIV. When asked after the round how big this was for LIV, he downplayed the LIV aspect and said it was bigger for him. I get the sense he now regrets going to LIV. And if he has returned to that 2017-19 form, I think he has more majors left in him than Rahm, Rory and Scottie because he's a more consistent putter and has zero weaknesses in his game. Not many bigger venues than Oak Hill, Bethpage and Shinnecock. Now he just needs Winged Foot for the NY grand slam. Also surprised to hear he's procreating.

He'd already stated that he was just going after majors by then.

He won the PGA in 2019, finished Top 30 in 2020, finished tied for 2nd in 2021, made cut in 2022 which was his injury year, and won it in 2023.

Finished T7 at the 2020 Masters. He injured and withdrew from the 2020 US Open. There was no British Open.

I don’t think I’ve ever used the slope feature on mine because that’s where the player judgement comes in as far as I’m concerned.
Plus cheaper without. And I don't want to forget to turn it off only to notice mid-tournament.

Block must be drooling as he approaches 50 and a shot at the Champions Tour. His swing will last a long time and that guy can putt.

Yeah, but that tour might be the hardest one to qualify for. Only 5 fully exempt spots up for grabs every year.

I know but he looks to me like one of those guys that never had a tour career to speak of that comes in and wins several times.

I know but he looks to me like one of those guys that never had a tour career to speak of that comes in and wins several times.
Are there any of those left? I remember Larry Loeretti in the 90s and a few others like him, but these days it looks like all former PGA Tour players. Nevertheless, I hope he can find success however he wants it.

Back