• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Well Rory hasn't dropped the little bit to +700 which isn't the end of the world but even with the +300 boost I just hate firing on guys sub 10-1 in (even a 50 man) golf tournament. I'll still bet him tonight but I'll keep an eye on it with a hope!

It's just like a normal event, where the marquee groups/top of the FedEx standings get bunched in the middle of the wave, and the lesser known players are at the front and back of each wave. You'll notice that Rahm/Scheffler (#1/#2 in the standings) are the third to last group off today, and then they flip it for tomorrow and McIlroy/Glover (#3/#4 in the standings) are the third to last group off in Round 2. So it's like a morning and afternoon wave, just with fewer players. Matsuyama/Hoge and English/Rodgers are #47-50 in the standings, and they get the last tee time of the day either today or tomorrow.

Really solid round for Rory yesterday. Scottie putter was alive (mallet it looks like). Cam Young lost strokes tee to green and still shot 67 which can’t be common for him. I’d imagine Rory/Scottie to win against the field is over 40% already after 18.

I'm pretty high up in the rankings in a few large One and Done's. Rickrungood one ends this week and I have Morikawa; a top 3 out of him this week would be a welcome sight.

Have another large one that I'm in 2nd overall in that does include the Tour Championship next week; I have Spieth in that one this week.

Was watching some of Galgorn Castle this a.m. Fitz is having a good week - was tied with a few others at -5 at the time but way behind the leader.

How cheesy is it to have these cars displayed next to the tee boxes on the par 3 16th

Pretty fun tourney to watch. Scottie let down by his putter again and he could have easily ended up at -17 with Viktor. I guess he and Rory need to get some putting lessons from Harman.

Pretty fun tourney to watch. Scottie let down by his putter again and he could have easily ended up at -17 with Viktor. I guess he and Rory need to get some putting lessons from Harman.
It was a great watch over the weekend. That's an extremely difficult course, and -17 wins. Just goes to show the only thing that keeps these guys from going low is wind. Hovland is becoming 1 of my favorites to watch. I've never seen a guy smile so much on a golf course. I know I pretty much wear a frowny face all 18 holes. Also cool that Alex got a solo 2nd at Galgorn.

Scheffler starts off the Tour Championship with a two stroke lead on Victor, three stroke lead on Rory and four stoke lead on everyone else. So, if the putting disadvantage is cancelled out by the lead given to Scottie, someone is going to have to have a better ball striking tournament to beat him. Rory ran Scottie down last year after Rory took a triple on the first hole. So, it is possible.

When healthy and motivated, Koepka is the best golfer in the world. He has Scheffler's tee to green game but is better on and around the greens. But no, I don't want any LIV golfers involved in the RC.
You don’t but for the best chance to win the U.S. & Captain Johnson should.

Back