• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Schumucker wants to ban Zyn

That shit goes both ways. It’s a political issue not a political party issue.

That voting rights are in danger. I’m not into talking points.
Are you into history and facts? Conservatives have always tried to control who can be a citizen and who can vote in a way that preferences wealthy white men. That's basic history. So are you making a case that conservative never disenfranchised voters or that they stopped trying to disenfranchise voters?

That shit goes both ways. It’s a political issue not a political party issue.
That's a tin foil talking point. Hundreds of state laws have been passed to make it harder to vote, almost all in red states.

Talking points from republicans saying they want make voting as hard as possible and that if more people vote they are in trouble?
Yep.

republicans used to be pro voting. Look at places like Utah. Vote easily, more locations, by mail etc. Now as their... I'll say priorities rather than policies become increasingly polarizing they don't want to talk about many of their goals.

That voting rights are in danger. I’m not into talking points.
I’m pretty sure there’s nothing I can say that you won’t just call a talking point, but if you really believe that voter roll purges, limiting vote by mail and early voting, and bullshit laws allowing third party voter challenges that clearly amount to intimidation aren’t happening (I’ll set aside gerrymandering as its own thing all together), then you just don’t want to see it.

Are you into history and facts? Conservatives have always tried to control who can be a citizen and who can vote in a way that preferences wealthy white men. That's basic history. So are you making a case that conservative never disenfranchised voters or that they stopped trying to disenfranchise voters?
History major. I think it’s reasonable to question who is a citizen and who can vote. You are reaching on the rest. Both parties have disenfranchised voters. How is biden doing with the Black voters? Just to clarify, we are screwed. I’m not voting for trump or biden

History major. I think it’s reasonable to question who is a citizen and who can vote. You are reaching on the rest. Both parties have disenfranchised voters. How is biden doing with the Black voters? Just to clarify, we are screwed. I’m not voting for trump or biden
Who have Democrats disenfranchised?
What does this mean with respect to the conversation?

It is funny that my auto correct wants to capitalize Biden but not trump. I’m cool with that but I found it funny.

Classic case of facts hurting feelings.

Just because you don't believe it's true doesn't mean it isn't. Republicans have literally said they want to decrease turnout. When people come out they lose. It's a party now of unpopular positions. So the only way to win with an unpopular platform is to decrease turnout or dilute power (gerrymandering)

Last edited:
Both parties have disenfranchised voters. How is biden doing with the Black voters?

Who have Democrats disenfranchised?
What does this mean with respect to the conversation?

Seems like Mt Olive understood "disenfranchise" to mean "disillusion" or "disappoint" or something more abstract rather than literally to deprive someone of their right to vote. (which is what it means in modern english)

I think it’s reasonable to question who is a citizen and who can vote.
So the crux of your dismissal (tin hat) of fear about loss of voting rights is based on you…dismissing the concerns of people whose voting rights are being taken away?

Republican governors of Florida and Virginia are infamously nullifying the will of their state voters by enforcing felony disenfranchise which prevents free citizens from voting.

There are numerous other ways in which Republican state governments specifically are discouraging and preventing racial minorities and college students from voting, such as removing voting locations in their communities so that those voters must travel farther and wait in much longer lines to vote. We know full well from Jim Crow-era history that targeted voter discouragement is a strategic method of suppressing vote totals, i.e. disenfranchisement.

Black precincts in Georgia, specifically Atlanta have complained of the state refusing to install the newer, updated voting machines that have been in storage on premises for multiple election cycles, while their older machines frequently break down, causing extreme wait times

Last edited:
Back