• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long PGA tour thread--the presidents cup from south korea

Fairly sure if you were scoring that at that age you would have been the best golfer in our county that age by a mile

Lol not even close. Well I should clarify that I was thinking Forsyth County, if you were somewhere else then maybe he was. I'd have no idea.

Fairly sure if you were scoring that at that age you would have been the best golfer in our county that age by a mile

palma, to clear things up for you, i never claimed to be a 15 handicapper when i was 10 or whatever you've gotten it down to now

i was regularly shooting in the mid 80s as a teenager, stopped playing in high school and college except for summers and the occasional weekend, and nowadays maybe play 3 or 4 times a year

i think the last time i played i shot 92 at a super easy public course up here

i shot 79 at pine brook from the whites (never played the blues) as a personal best

hope this helps

I probably knew double digit middle schoolers shooting in the low 80's high 70's at Old Town growing up from whites and even back to the blues for 13 year olds.

yeah there was this 9 year old donk that always schooled me at the summer camp at pine brook when i was in middle school that was like a 10 handicap

idk where palma gets his thinking that my mediocre teenage golf handicap is some huge deal

Anyone want to comment on the Robert Allenby situation?

Seems like a wild story. I think he just got stupid drunk and someone beat his ass. The details seem sketchy.

I probably knew double digit middle schoolers shooting in the low 80's high 70's at Old Town growing up from whites and even back to the blues for 13 year olds.

We've got multiple juniors under age 14 who play off single digit handicaps from the white tees.

Season long PGA tour thread

palma, to clear things up for you, i never claimed to be a 15 handicapper when i was 10 or whatever you've gotten it down to now

i was regularly shooting in the mid 80s as a teenager, stopped playing in high school and college except for summers and the occasional weekend, and nowadays maybe play 3 or 4 times a year

i think the last time i played i shot 92 at a super easy public course up here

i shot 79 at pine brook from the whites (never played the blues) as a personal best

hope this helps

Im just saying i spent all 4 years in high school playing competitive golf and none of us nor anyone we were competing against was consistently breaking 90 in middle school. I can recall one ginger dweeb shooting low 80's as a freshman, but he was like the best player in our county, so im calling bullshit on your recollection of your middle school golf game, thats all.

I also doubt a 15 handicapper will have so high of a personal best from the whites

Last edited:
Sounds like your county sucked to me. I played high school golf pretty recently and there were definitely a solid number of freshmen in high school shooting in the 70's.

Anyone want to comment on the Robert Allenby situation?

Seems like a wild story. I think he just got stupid drunk and someone beat his ass. The details seem sketchy.

The whole thing is pretty nuts. Tend to lean towards him getting blackout hammered. Undecided if attacked without provocation, started a drunk dust up, or just became a clumsy drunk.

The whole thing is pretty nuts. Tend to lean towards him getting blackout hammered. Undecided if attacked without provocation, started a drunk dust up, or just became a clumsy drunk.

The details are sketchy. Given that, there was no way he should have allowed himself to be interviewed in that state and putting out his version of what happened. He was in some kind of state of shock, and his memory likely isn't going to be good - and add to that he was blacked out for some period. As to what actually happened, I don't think he gets all of those facial injuries by falling over and face planting on the sidewalk. So I think there was some kind of assault and certainly a robbery, but I doubt he was as sober and innocent as he's alleging. And the homeless woman's story contradicted his as to what and where, and then he says she's lying and motivated by $$. I'd tend to believe her. And with TGC openly talking about social media not buying his version of events, I'm guessing they're also questioning his version. I've heard Allenby doesn't have the greatest rep on tour.

If I put on my tin foil hat, I'm thinking he got his ass kicked over a gambling debt and wanted a good cover story for when he showed up at the course with his face messed up.

More realistic is that he got pissed drunk and fell flat on his face and doesn't want the tour knowing he has drinking problems.

Allenby gets fucked up. Tiger's missing a tooth. Dustin Johnson says he didn't sit out due to cocaine issues.

Golf's getting some street cred.

Allenby gets fucked up. Tiger's missing a tooth. Dustin Johnson says he didn't sit out due to cocaine issues.

Golf's getting some street cred.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/jas...recent-strange-stories-lead-skepticism-012115

split_1442_johnson_allenby_woods_.jpg

Im just saying i spent all 4 years in high school playing competitive golf and none of us nor anyone we were competing against was consistently breaking 90 in middle school. I can recall one ginger dweeb shooting low 80's as a freshman, but he was like the best player in our county, so im calling bullshit on your recollection of your middle school golf game, thats all.

I also doubt a 15 handicapper will have so high of a personal best from the whites

Where did you play? In 9 hole high school tournaments, low 40's was usually our 5th-6th guy on the team.

Yeah, but the shut eye suggests a fist being involved as well. I think he was prolly hit and that caused him to hit some pavement causing the scrapes. Or as cops often say, he was assisted to the ground.

I'm thinking the shut eye may help his putting, though.

Where did you play? In 9 hole high school tournaments, low 40's was usually our 5th-6th guy on the team.

If you couldn't break 40 for nine holes you didn't crack the starting lineup on my high school team.

Back