• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sen. Richard Burr is Scum (Wake related)

Shouldn’t even be a partisan issue whatsoever. Anyone who is involved needs to be prosecuted. Johnson and Feinstein’s transactions both seem to either be outside the relevant window or small potatoes (Feinstein’s husband made her transactions in question)

Yep. Doesn't matter if D or R. Scum is scum. And profiteering while saying "all is well", just plain sucks.

It would be interesting to see how many other Members of Congress have sold.

It is probably a lot more interesting and difficult to find out how many members of our royal family have sold.

It is probably a lot more interesting and difficult to find out how many members of our royal family have sold.

ol' Eric deleted his tweet from 2/28 about his 401k and the stock market

I don't believe one ounce of what anyone in that family says. I want to see the receipts.

I am fine with investigating anybody. I just don't think the nature of that transaction raises alot of red flags like particularly Burr and Loeffler which both stink to high heaven.

Yep. Honestly force anybody who profited ahead of the crash to resign or not seek re-election in the fall, and arrests the Burr and Loeffler's.

Fucking clean house of anybody that remotely smells like corruption regardless of party affiliation. Until you do that faith in the financial system will never recover.

Something tells me an investigation into the timeline of his personal stock portfolio would look at lot like Burr's....

Maybe Burr was just selling stock to help with the Manning buy-out? At least that is what he should claim.

IANAL but it seems shaky to say you acted on public information while the classified stuff was just neatly tucked away in your brain somewhere and not part of the decision calculus.

Could the House (or Senate) establish a rule on their own that any member put all stocks in a blind trust, or would they have to pass an law with the other chamber and the President? I'd like to see the House establish that rule if possible, and Biden to promise he'd sign a law that involved the President.

IANAL but it seems shaky to say you acted on public information while the classified stuff was just neatly tucked away in your brain somewhere and not part of the decision calculus.
Yes he was relying on Public Information that hardly nobody else was acting upon and the fact that he was just given pertinent Insider information had no impact on this decision making.

Sailor will be along shortly to condemn

Y’all have a lot of faith in our justice system doing anything serious about white collar crime? It’s not like they ripped off someone’s home of $50 in a B&E or anything serious like that.

Nope. The only possibility is trump gets really pissed that "his" stock market tanked and decides to blame these a holes so he can point the finger. Then maybe. But, I think more likely is none of these rich a holes want anyone looking around their finances. Lucky trump is still under audit.

does anyone have any doubt that someone connected to trump trades the companies he specifically mentions in his pressers right before the presser? why is that shit not transparent? surely there is a whistleblower out there for this stuff.

Could the House (or Senate) establish a rule on their own that any member put all stocks in a blind trust, or would they have to pass an law with the other chamber and the President? I'd like to see the House establish that rule if possible, and Biden to promise he'd sign a law that involved the President.

How about a law that restricts all stock transactions to the lame duck period between the elections and the start of the new Congress? And all transactions must be reported publicly and subject to the STOCK Act.

Can these GOP pricks do anything good? I mean, for the better good?

Catamount? Junebug? I mean what actions are you proud they have taken for the better good?

so many conservative fuckers got real quiet the last couple weeks

I've noticed that too. And it's not just the GOP elite, the base is getting quiet too. I don't believe for a moment that they're changing their minds, they just know that there's not many ways to spin Trump's handling of all this to their advantage. They'll be back, though, when this has all passed.

Can these GOP pricks do anything good? I mean, for the better good?

Catamount? Junebug? I mean what actions are you proud they have taken for the better good?

imrs.php

Back