• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Senator Collins[R-ME] announces FOR Kavanaugh

Nope. Try again. I think that a 36 year old testimony is simply unreliable without other witnesses or evidence from the event. Her own testimony is filled with holes. This doesn’t mean she is lying, just means the testimony is unreliable. There is a huge difference, one i find it very hard to believe that intelligent posters on this board can’t recognize.

It has absolutely nothing to do with compassion. That is a morality leverage play and not evaluating the scenario with logic. By obtaining false moral high ground you attempt to invalidate my analysis. It is very possible that Dr. Ford believes that Kavanaugh assaulted her, and at the same time that actually not be what happened. Those two statements are not incongruous. That is what most sane Conservatives believe. Just because someone believes it to be true (dr. Ford) does not mean it is true. Without supporting evidence of the event it is impossible to tell if she is right. That is my view. Democrats used Dr. Fords attempt to piece together her past to viciously malign a public servant with an impeccable public record. That is my view.

Sure thing. You have rationalized why it his lack of temperament was acceptable because he was defending himself from these "scurrilous attacks". You have rationalized his lying, on multiple accounts, because he was defending himself from these "scurrilous attacks".

The Pub game here is to act exactly like "that bitch be lying", while saying that opposite.

How am I a fake Christian? I would love to hear this.

“If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.”

You can confess your sins, say that Jesus is your savior, sing the songs, go to the soup kitchen once a week, be nice to your family and neighbors, etc. and still be a fake Christian. Your politics appears to be driven by prejudiced beliefs masquerading as “Christian” rather than by Biblical truths.

Yes, this PhD Research Psychologist from Stanford is just a dingy broad.

And anybody who spent considerable time trying to link Vince Foster's death to Bill Clinton doesn't have an "impeccable public record"

There were concerns about his temperament before this even though the ABA gave him a well qualified. that rating is sure to be changed.

Last edited:
It’s the only view he can have. Any other thought process won’t support his pre-determined view of the world.

He mis-cites the ABA and ignores the fact that a near unanimous group of lawyers, including Junebug and DeacMan, say Kavenaugh shouldn’t be on the SCt.

All for the idea that abortion must be stopped by any means necessary.

Unfair. If anything I am one of the few people on these board me attempting to see another side of the spectrum.

I didn’t mis-cite ABA. I don’t think BK will stop abortion, although I wish he would. That doesn’t mean I have a ‘pre-determined’ view is the world.

I view the world differently than you, perhaps that is your issue.

Nope. Try again. I think that a 36 year old testimony is simply unreliable without other witnesses or evidence from the event. Her own testimony is filled with holes. This doesn’t mean she is lying, just means the testimony is unreliable. There is a huge difference, one i find it very hard to believe that intelligent posters on this board can’t recognize.

It has absolutely nothing to do with compassion. That is a morality leverage play and not evaluating the scenario with logic. By obtaining false moral high ground you attempt to invalidate my analysis. It is very possible that Dr. Ford believes that Kavanaugh assaulted her, and at the same time that actually not be what happened. Those two statements are not incongruous. That is what most sane Conservatives believe. Just because someone believes it to be true (dr. Ford) does not mean it is true. Without supporting evidence of the event it is impossible to tell if she is right. Democrats used Dr. Fords attempt to piece together her past to viciously malign a public servant with an impeccable public record. That is my view.

It’s actually extremely unlikely.

“If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.”

You can confess your sins, say that Jesus is your savior, sing the songs, go to the soup kitchen once a week, be nice to your family and neighbors, etc. and still be a fake Christian. Your politics appears to be driven by prejudiced beliefs masquerading as “Christian” rather than by Biblical truths.

What are my prejudices beliefs that are driving my politics?

Unfair. If anything I am one of the few people on these board me attempting to see another side of the spectrum.

I didn’t mis-cite ABA. I don’t think BK will stop abortion, although I wish he would. That doesn’t mean I have a ‘pre-determined’ view is the world.

I view the world differently than you, perhaps that is your issue.

Is Wrangor the boards’ Jeff Flake?

Comparing you to Jeff Flake is an insult? Snowflake much?

What are my prejudices beliefs that are driving my politics?

Pretty clear prejudice against women. You no doubt can’t see it, but it’s reflected in your reaction to Blasey Ford’s testimony and it’s rampant in the politics of the Christian church. Most of the Christian theology that is oppressive of women was constructed by men in the church with little to no support from the Bible (also written by men).

The fact that Christians are driven to the polls by opposition to LGBT rights and a woman’s right to live equally among men (including the right to her own body) rather than the Gospel says a lot about the state of American Christianity.

Comparing you to Jeff Flake is an insult? Snowflake much?

Very much so. Guy is a waffling prick who doesn’t follow through with voting on the principles he espouses.

It isn’t a particularly vicious insult, but the intent is still the same, to marginalize.

Still waiting for my list of prejudices.

Pretty clear prejudice against women. You no doubt can’t see it, but it’s reflected in your reaction to Blasey Ford’s testimony and it’s rampant in the politics of the Christian church. Most of the Christian theology that is oppressive of women was constructed by men in the church with little to no support from the Bible (also written by men).

The fact that Christians are driven to the polls by opposition to LGBT rights and a woman’s right to live equally among men (including the right to her own body) rather than the Gospel says a lot about the state of American Christianity.

Pretty awful RC. I am disappointed in you. Would be akin to me claiming prejudice towards women in you because you like to kill them before they are born. Unfair attack and plain disappointing.

Have a good one. You can be conservative and not be oppressive to women.

Wrangor got a whiff of ending Roe v Wade so keeps focusing solely on these accusations as the only issue with BK’s otherwise brilliant resume as he keeps reminding us. Have you been paying attention to all the other sketchiness and demonstrations of unfitness for the bench?

Very much so. Guy is a waffling prick who doesn’t follow through with voting on the principles he espouses.

It isn’t a particularly vicious insult, but the intent is still the same, to marginalize.

I seem to have touched a nerve. Two “I’m waiting” in 8 minutes.

They are pretty much mimicking your reasoning here.

Pretty awful RC. I am disappointed in you. Would be akin to me claiming prejudice towards women in you because you like to kill them before they are born. Unfair attack and plain disappointing.

Have a good one. You can be conservative and not be oppressive to women.

I’ve seen zero evidence that this is true. If it was just being anti-choice then I might cut you some slack. It’s a prejudiced point of view, but the prejudice is so deeply built in that it’s hard for its adherents to see.

There’s virtually no biblical support for being anti-choice and there certainly isn’t any logical or scientific support. So how did that position come to be the default for most Christians?

I mean Rchill would probably make the proclamation that anyone at all that supports the Republican Party in its current iterations can’t be Christian he’s just using Wrangor as his example. It’s not a massive leap when you run down the list of things the Republican Party actually does and believes, not what they say about “family and Christian values” which is just lip service to stroke those fake Christian values fears about what’s happening in this country. Even if you play the whatabout game and say well Democrat politicians do this or that at least they don’t stand there claiming Christianity while doing the exact opposite of any of Jesus teachings.

I mean Rchill would probably make the proclamation that anyone at all that supports the Republican Party in its current iterations can’t be Christian he’s just using Wrangor as his example. It’s not a massive leap when you run down the list of things the Republican Party actually does and believes, not what they say about “family and Christian values” which is just lip service to stroke those fake Christian values fears about what’s happening in this country. Even if you play the whatabout game and say well Democrat politicians do this or that at least they don’t stand there claiming Christianity while doing the exact opposite of any of Jesus teachings.

Accurate.

Back