• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Senator Collins[R-ME] announces FOR Kavanaugh

Have a good one. You can be conservative and not be oppressive to women.

How many women have the GOP allowed on the Senate Judiciary Committee? How many have they allowed in Congressional leadership?

Nope. Try again. I think that a 36 year old testimony is simply unreliable without other witnesses or evidence from the event. Her own testimony is filled with holes. This doesn’t mean she is lying, just means the testimony is unreliable. There is a huge difference, one i find it very hard to believe that intelligent posters on this board can’t recognize.

It has absolutely nothing to do with compassion. That is a morality leverage play and not evaluating the scenario with logic. By obtaining false moral high ground you attempt to invalidate my analysis. It is very possible that Dr. Ford believes that Kavanaugh assaulted her, and at the same time that actually not be what happened. Those two statements are not incongruous. That is what most sane Conservatives believe. Just because someone believes it to be true (dr. Ford) does not mean it is true. Without supporting evidence of the event it is impossible to tell if she is right. Democrats used Dr. Fords attempt to piece together her past to viciously malign a public servant with an impeccable public record. That is my view.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that you don’t believe her testimony? Or the testimony of the numerous people who have come forward to say that Kav was a vicious, angry, violent drunk? Or to critically examine the clear lies he had told under oath.

Your prejudice is that you will overlook any personal, professional, or moral flaws, as long as that person will oppose abortion. Which is fine, but you should step up and own it.

Dear Fellow Democrats,

I notice today how upset you are at Republicans who support the confirmation of Brett Kavenaugh, and do not believe Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's allegation. Remember this - remember that these Republicans are never going to switch parties and vote for your Democratic candidate. The Democratic Party does not need them, it should not be compromised to include their beliefs, and no political energy should be wasted trying to swing their vote. Any major Democratic candidate who uses these Republicans potential votes as an excuse to compromise on Democratic goals, should be rebuked. These Republicans may be your neighbors, your friends, your relatives, but they are NOT Democratic party voters, and their beliefs should not be considered in our campaigns.

Did you write that or somebody else? I agree.

“ Her point was ‘since when was an unverified accusation all you need to sink a persons career?’”

Since Republicans made up unverified accusations about Hillary for 25 years.

Since Republicans support killing black men for whatever unverified reason a cop or somebody else comes up with.

Republican media is all about unverified conspiracy theory and random BS.

Last edited:
She should be called Susan Cons:

She said she supported ACA but voted to end it and without McCain's actions, she would have succeeded.

She said she supports keeping pre-existing conditions and other aspects of ACA but voted for ending that as part of the tax scam bill.

She said she believed Dr. Ford had been assaulted, but voted for her assailant.

She said she wanted a "full investigation" last week. When a cynical, closed, pre-determined scam unfolded, she said it was complete.

Susan Cons should be her name. That what she is.

Dear Fellow Democrats,

I notice today how upset you are at Republicans who support the confirmation of Brett Kavenaugh, and do not believe Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's allegation. Remember this - remember that these Republicans are never going to switch parties and vote for your Democratic candidate. The Democratic Party does not need them, it should not be compromised to include their beliefs, and no political energy should be wasted trying to swing their vote. Any major Democratic candidate who uses these Republicans potential votes as an excuse to compromise on Democratic goals, should be rebuked. These Republicans may be your neighbors, your friends, your relatives, but they are NOT Democratic party voters, and their beliefs should not be considered in our campaigns.

This. Is. Not. Complicated.

I mean Rchill would probably make the proclamation that anyone at all that supports the Republican Party in its current iterations can’t be Christian he’s just using Wrangor as his example. It’s not a massive leap when you run down the list of things the Republican Party actually does and believes, not what they say about “family and Christian values” which is just lip service to stroke those fake Christian values fears about what’s happening in this country. Even if you play the whatabout game and say well Democrat politicians do this or that at least they don’t stand there claiming Christianity while doing the exact opposite of any of Jesus teachings.

Keep in mind the large majority of Christians of every race vote Democrat except white people. It’s not about religion. It’s about race.

Of course he didn't write that
Sure. He’s barely a Democrat. But I didn’t see a link or reference.
I definitely wrote that - i'm very proud my normal shitty punctuation and the use of "rebuke" didn't give it away. I mean I did go back and forth capitalizing "party", so yeah, it me.

Last edited:
It is very possible that Dr. Ford believes that Kavanaugh assaulted her, and at the same time that actually not be what happened. Those two statements are not incongruous.

This is the disconnect. Those statements are incongruous. She was quite clear on how the assault happened and who did it. She is either lying or she is telling the truth.

This is the disconnect. Those statements are incongruous. She was quite clear on how the assault happened and who did it. She is either lying or she is telling the truth.

And if she isn’t lying, then every Republican and Democrat (and their respective supporters) who supported his confirmation has blood on their hands.

You’ll live with that burden and no amount of equivocation will clean that slate.

It’s not hard to find a conservative jurist who hasn’t tried to rape someone or put his penis in someone’s face. I don’t know why conservatives felt they had to make that sacrifice.

It’s not hard to find a conservative jurist who hasn’t tried to rape someone or put his penis in someone’s face. I don’t know why conservatives felt they had to make that sacrifice.
Article I read last night said Republicans were legit surprised by the accusation, and were disheartened until Trump & McConnell agreed to push that motherfucker through no matter what. They basically coached Kavenaugh to act like a belligerent asshole and cry because it would play well with the base. What really pushed them over the goal line was Michael Avanetti's bullshit - that lady talking about gangbang parties made the whole thing a big fucking joke.

For the record, Michael Avenetti is a dipshit grifter, and any adult Democrat who buys into his bullshit should be fitted with a helmet.

Winning, trump will not back down once he has deemed someone the best.

Article I read last night said Republicans were legit surprised by the accusation, and were disheartened until Trump & McConnell agreed to push that motherfucker through no matter what. They basically coached Kavenaugh to act like a belligerent asshole and cry because it would play well with the base. What really pushed them over the goal line was Michael Avanetti's bullshit - that lady talking about gangbang parties made the whole thing a big fucking joke.

Agree with this. The cum dumpster brought you down! And the best part is Avanetti is going to run for president in 2020.

Back