• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serial (podcast)

Mr S is shady. WTF is he doing peeing all the way back there?

(I'm about 1/2way through episode 3)

Hm, and now Jay is shady.

This a theory more than a spoiler......

I dont think Adnam went to track practice. The only people who say he did are Jay and Adnam. Not showing up to practice gives him a lot more leeway in committing the murder and makes the cell calls more consistent evidence. Also, it snowed out practice the next two days which makes less likely that the coach remembers him missing the practice. It also gives them time to seek out the drug dealer. I think she was killed right before Adnam and Jay went to Cathy's

Last edited:
This week's episode was the first one I found kinda meh. Just more high school kids being unreliable.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zERAsrjje-sU.kQFffQE6h2vk

Noticed this map at the top of the reddit page. So, did I miss something, or what's the deal with the gas station in the top right, far above Baltimore? It says that Hae's debit card was used there on the day of her murder. Wouldn't that be kind of a big deal? What time of day was it used? Why would Hae be that far north? And depending on the time of day, assuming for argument's sake that Adnan was the one using it, wouldn't the cell records show pings in that part of the state?

This week's episode was the first one I found kinda meh. Just more high school kids being unreliable.

it actually kind of reeled me back in, but i listened to the first 7 in a row during a 4 hour drive last weekend. pretty sure Adnan did it and SK is going to feel like an IDIOT.

Also during the intro of the first episode I thought the collect call was from "imnotsayin"

This a theory more than a spoiler......

I dont think Adnam went to track practice. The only people who say he did are Jay and Adnam. Not showing up to practice gives him a lot more leeway in committing the murder and makes the cell calls more consistent evidence. Also, it snowed out practice the next two days which makes less likely that the coach remembers him missing the practice. It also gives them time to seek out the drug dealer. I think she was killed right before Adnam and Jay went to Cathy's

I could be wrong, but didn't someone in an earlier episode say they didn't remember if he was there on the murder day, but remembered him on a snowy day, which implied the murder day?

If they did, it was only a blip. I think if that is not assumed as true, it makes the other evidence more consistent

Hae picks him up in her car (arranged by calls early that morning--12ish)
Jay takes Adnam's car
Hae is killed somewhere other than best buy
Adnam rendezvous with jay at best buy--phone call from store or pay phone
they take car to park and ride lot
Look for pot dealer
Decide they need a better hiding spot--go get shovels and take her to park and bury her
Jay is picked up by girl and then hides the shovels
Phone calls are consistent with all this....even the Nisha call, which Adnam was going to use as alibi until the library story became feasible. he then decided to say he went to track practice
Jay said he picked him up at track practice so he is not an accessory before the fact...that is what he is lying about
Adnam maintains his story inconsistent with jay because he is still hoping to go free.

R

I think Jay's involvement was probably more than stated. They had no real evidence, so the one who snitched first got the deal.

I will say, Jay's apology to the judge prior to sentencing indeed sounded sincere to my ears. I don't know, man, I don't know. Jay has to be involved one way or the other, because otherwise he would have no reason to tell that story to the cops -- in other words, I don't think it was a random serial killer.

Since this podcast has exploded to such huge popularity, I cannot imagine the pressure to come up with a story line for Season 2 that can match this one.

I will say, Jay's apology to the judge prior to sentencing indeed sounded sincere to my ears. I don't know, man, I don't know. Jay has to be involved one way or the other, because otherwise he would have no reason to tell that story to the cops -- in other words, I don't think it was a random serial killer.

See, I thought it sounded completely fake. I also thought that detective they hired sounded like a doofus. But I agree with pretty much with Deaclaw and ITK -- they were both in it, Jay got the deal, Adnan got the time. Had Adnan said anything about Jay, like that he could have been acting alone as the real killer and is framing him? I forget, but it seems odd to me if he hasn't since that was implied at his trial by the defense.

I sort of get why Adnan keeps saying he doesn't want people to think he's innocent because he's a nice guy, and wants them to look at the (lack of) evidence and how the trial went down, but to me that seems like a convenient way for him to get out of it in a disconnected way -- sort of allows him to straddle some line of justifiably saying how it was a weak case and he shouldn't have been convicted, while not being able to be convincing of his innocence. I don't know if that makes any sense.

See, I thought it sounded completely fake. I also thought that detective they hired sounded like a doofus. But I agree with pretty much with Deaclaw and ITK -- they were both in it, Jay got the deal, Adnan got the time. Had Adnan said anything about Jay, like that he could have been acting alone as the real killer and is framing him? I forget, but it seems odd to me if he hasn't since that was implied at his trial by the defense.

I sort of get why Adnan keeps saying he doesn't want people to think he's innocent because he's a nice guy, and wants them to look at the (lack of) evidence and how the trial went down, but to me that seems like a convenient way for him to get out of it in a disconnected way -- sort of allows him to straddle some line of justifiably saying how it was a weak case and he shouldn't have been convicted, while not being able to be convincing of his innocence. I don't know if that makes any sense.

you said it about as well as i could- I know what you mean and agree.

Back