• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sharing a room on a business trip

I've done this... but for the most part, I do what I can to walk away with cash. I know this surprises nobody (evidence in post above by DSD).

this is so odd to me. "hey you wanna go check out this cool restaurant in this city we're visiting?" "nah, I got my turkey sandwich and banana, I'm good."

another way to handle this is for both of you to hook it with female coworker roomates in the same boat and at least you each share a room with someone attractive

this is so odd to me. "hey you wanna go check out this cool restaurant in this city we're visiting?" "nah, I got my turkey sandwich and banana, I'm good."

well, there's the huge breakfast coming in the morning

you missed my other post about it - i usually go hotel breakfast/simple lunch (honestly I feel really gross and unsettled if I eat too rich of foods for those meals anyway, given my daily habits), and then go out for dinner. still walk away with cash. it's not like I'm eating trail mix and bananas the whole time.

as for sharing hospital rooms and such: my grandma was in a care facility after she had surgery to repair some broken vertebrae and was in a shared room situation with the curtain between. I did NOT like even visiting, I can't imagine living that for an extended period of time.

Another topic/another day, but how bad would it be to have a non-private hospital room? But OTOH, at least there's that curtain thing between you and the other dude.

I've shared a hospital room for a night twice. once, this dude and I got our morphine drips synched up, watched simpsons and had races to see which one of us could push the button fastest once the allowable time expired between doses. It was basically like I was sitting on the couch in my apartment watching tv and getting drunk with my friends. The other time was not as cool, since this kid was legit fucked up. Was in some kind of accident and was in all sorts of pain. Way less fun.

Husband had an appendectomy that kept him in the hospital for 8 nights 3 years ago and had a shared room for i think 3 of those nights.

First night it was like you're second guy where the roommate was moaning in pain all night and kept calling out for the nurse (like just yelling instead of pressing the call button).

Second and third night was this dude who got shot in a park "while just playing checkers with his friends" and had to wait like a day and a half for surgery. So it was a combo of him bitching about being in pain and not getting treated. And then all of his friends and relatives coming through, using his phone, and plotting revenge on the dudes that shot him.

Yay downtown DC hospitals!

We shared rooms when I was at Andersen for Carolinas training. Only time I remember sharing rooms.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I had to share a room with my boss at a sales conference once. It was actually my first trip to Disney. The conference was a week long and based at Coronado Springs. After two nights I stopped spending the night in the room. He would leave post it notes of things for me to get done the next day on my pillow and try to talk to me though the Bathroom door about our "tasks for the day".

One night I fell asleep in the hammocks on property. Another, I found someone that had a non-shared room, but who wasn't going to use it for that night. I finally just got another room by downtown Disney for the rest of the week and bussed into the conference as needed.

How did your boss respond?

How do you end up in a shared hospital room? Never seen that happen with any peeps I have visited in a hospital, but maybe it just depends on the hospital.

How do you end up in a shared hospital room? Never seen that happen with any peeps I have visited in a hospital, but maybe it just depends on the hospital.

I believe in our case there just weren't any private rooms available when he came in?

No big deal for me. My wife and I have let friends share a room with us at weddings to help people cut cost.

Totally different.

Wedding you are getting tanked and pass out and sleep ok, minus piss breaks.

Biff's scenario is the most likely outcome for the OP, as a few drinks over dinner and then you've got a fat slob snoring and farting all night. No sleep and BAD for "business."

I have only shared a room on a work trip once, and it was because our HR chick forgot to book my room and the hotel was sold out. Anyways it was in Winston and my co-worker who is a Wake grad ended up banging some chick and staying at her place. So all was well.

My wife’s company has done the same recently. “Cost of doing business” I think has changed and more and more businesses are cutting where they can.

I traveled for work almost non-stop for a year when I was 23 doing a marketing/consulting gig and would have to share a suite with a co-worker most of the time. So separate bedrooms and bathrooms but shared kitchen/living room area. There were three guys on the trip, so two of us would share and the other would get his own room. We took turns on who got their own room. It was a pretty sweet set-up. The only issue is that I secretly started hooking it with one of the female co-workers and she was super worried about anyone finding out the first month or so. Of course my male suitemate knew the whole time, as did the other guy on our team, but they both did a perfect job of playing dumb while she was around. Then we would have a guys night out and they'd bust my balls about it. Good times.

You live in DC and end up at Howard. I got stuck in a room with a dying cancer patient who literally had the priest visit him at 3am the one night I was there.

I had great insurance, too. Which is part of the reason they even wanted to check me in for monitoring overnight.

I traveled for work almost non-stop for a year when I was 23 doing a marketing/consulting gig and would have to share a suite with a co-worker most of the time. So separate bedrooms and bathrooms but shared kitchen/living room area. There were three guys on the trip, so two of us would share and the other would get his own room. We took turns on who got their own room. It was a pretty sweet set-up. The only issue is that I secretly started hooking it with one of the female co-workers and she was super worried about anyone finding out the first month or so. Of course my male suitemate knew the whole time, as did the other guy on our team, but they both did a perfect job of playing dumb while she was around. Then we would have a guys night out and they'd bust my balls about it. Good times.

see this doesn't sound bad. privacy to crank it but you aren't alone all the time.

Back