• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sherlock Holmes Mafia - Moriarty is dead. Civs win

I'm going to write another game to run down the road (but before the fiancee moves down here and I'll never be able to mod again). I promise this one will be balanced (or not, fuck you, it's my game). Potential themes are Archer, The Wire, Red Dead Redemption, Harry Potter, or something TBD.

Eagles ran a Wire game - I won as an indy, was great. I'm pretty sure we got down to 3 players left, 1 civ, 1 mafia and me. Hammer was the civ and decided I should win. That was a fun game, I was Bill Rawls.

Eagles ran a Wire game - I won as an indy, was great. I'm pretty sure we got down to 3 players left, 1 civ, 1 mafia and me. Hammer was the civ and decided I should win. That was a fun game, I was Bill Rawls.

If Eagles ran a Wire game then I will not be running a Wire game

I’d help you run/write Harry Potter

Was also thinking of 90s rap mafia, East coast/West coast thing

I’d help you run/write Harry Potter

Was also thinking of 90s rap mafia, East coast/West coast thing

90s rap mafia would be great, but there are, uh, certain players that should be prevented from playing.

Whole lotta "what, I was just quoting a song" potential

“ Rawls spent most of The Wire as the Major within the Homicide Unit, who lived to perpetually give McNulty shit. Rawls was a careerist, who wanted nothing more than to climb the ladder and held very few allegiances to anyone. That being the case here, you are an independent. In an attempt to get the dirt on others so that you can more expediently ascend to the top, you will be given the breakdown of civ/independent/mafia for every person who was lynched. You also will be given immunity to the first time you’re targeted at night, and be given a hit to use at any night during the game to try to take out someone ahead of you in the pecking order. You win when all mafia/independents are eliminated and 3 or fewer civs remain. You receive no safe claims, and it will say Bill Rawls made the vig hit, but won’t say the alignment of your character.”

https://247sports.com/college/maryl...ns-solo-Long-live-Bill-Rawls-9117226/?page=51

Goon and I were arguing about the correct strategy as mako in dead chat. I was on team juice and tic (I think?) in that it was insane not to recruit N1. In fact, I would recruit every single night until I found one of the two. Because each recruit turns into a teammate, it’s effectively like you killed a civ.

Omar was independent who got to steal someone’s power every night and use it himself. The Wire has a lot of setup potential.

This is how I know I’m old because I’m reminiscing over old mafia games. Kill me.

Eagles, wanna run it again in the future?

Eagles, wanna run it again in the future?

I haven’t run a themed game over here in forever. I will before quarantine is over. I used to run a GoT game before every season and I thought those were pretty well received. But I was too busy before season8 to play mafia and then the last season sucked and made me sad.

Goon and I were arguing about the correct strategy as mako in dead chat. I was on team juice and tic (I think?) in that it was insane not to recruit N1. In fact, I would recruit every single night until I found one of the two. Because each recruit turns into a teammate, it’s effectively like you killed a civ.

Agree. I think you only kill if your recruitment failed (ie on the guy it failed on)

jtp - Brother Mouzone, civ, hit night 4
One of the most badass characters on The Wire, Brother Mouzone is one of the most interesting hitmen that you could ever encounter. Deeply principled yet ruthless at a fundamental level, Brother Mouzone rarely missed a target. Here he is a member of the civs, and his target is the mafia. You will be given a vig hit. If you kill your target, you will be extended another contract. Your vig hits will be replenished so long as you are successful in targeting members of the mafia.

Giving that role to JTP is amazing and hilarious

I haven’t run a themed game over here in forever. I will before quarantine is over. I used to run a GoT game before every season and I thought those were pretty well received. But I was too busy before season8 to play mafia and then the last season sucked and made me sad.

Your GOT games were always amazing despite me not having read the books prior to playing in them. Now that I have read the books I'm sure I will enjoy a GOT that much more.

uh speaking of jtp

What happened to him? He signed up for that game and then no showed?

Anyone wanna do a 30 minute round game tmrw? First day ends at 10:30, cap choice?

I’d roll it

Anyone wanna do a 30 minute round game tmrw? First day ends at 10:30, cap choice?

I’d roll it

Mafia dies not in darkness, but in 30 min round Friday games where everyone just trolls and someone gets mad and we stop playing for a while

I like the spirit townie but gooner is right. we really should limit to 1 a week we're gonna burn out

Back