• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Do yoga studios not offer memberships like conventional gyms?
They offer monthly or annual unlimited class passes, however, I can rarely commit to more than 2 classes a week (and that's pre baby) and so it doesn't make monetary sense to spring for unlimited classes since it would not really reduce the cost for me.

Man, I can't wait to move back to NC for the cheap bikram alone. Single classes at my studio run $18 and you can get it down to ~$16 with a 10 class pass (that has to be used in 3 mos.) $20 for 20 classes is an awesome deal even if you only do half the classes (or even just 3). I'm like Awar and prefer the floor (I think just because of savassana) and never felt like I was working out, but had serious abs and way more toned muscles when I had a regular practice (and no back pain which had never before happened in my life). I really do intend to get back to a once a week at least practice when we get to GSO...Awar, is your place in K-vegas or gso?

When are you guys moving to GSO?

This one is in Kvegas but works because it's not too far out of the way on my way from work in Winston to home in GSO. Once my LivingSocial deal runs out I may look for one in GSO, though. Right now I definitely think I'd like to keep it up if we can afford it.

Let me know if you find somewhere you like

They offer monthly or annual unlimited class passes, however, I can rarely commit to more than 2 classes a week (and that's pre baby) and so it doesn't make monetary sense to spring for unlimited classes since it would not really reduce the cost for me.

Got it. Thanks!

When are you guys moving to GSO?

Late April/early May-ish.

Matt may move before I do officially since his new job is taking a giant leap in letting him work remotely until I graduate. He starts an awesome new job in Jan. and I am on track to defend in early May (though the thought of that is hugely overwhelming).

I swear in 2 years I've had to go up a whole shoe size....what the hell?

I hear pregnancy makes your feet grow (urban myth??) Chic...did you experience this?

I've been a size 9 for as long as I can remember but a few years ago I gained a lot of weight around the holidays and I swear my feet got fatter. I didn't change shoe size but shoes were tighter on the sides, like they got wider.

well i had realllllly high arches but having a job standing on my feet for 3 years now they like flattened out and got longer. haha maybe...maybe it's just in my head and i never wore the right shoe size before. I went from an 8 (which is small for my height) to a 9 and sometimes 9s fit too short.

Last edited:
well i had realllllly high arches but having a job standing on my feet for 3 years now they like flattened out and got longer. haha maybe...maybe it's just in my head and i never wore the right shoe size before. I went from an 8 (which is small for my height) to a 9 and sometimes 9s fit too short.

i can't speak to your situation. but your feet definitely COULD have "flattened out" and gotten longer. mine did when i was hiking the AT. i wore a pair of shoes for far too long, had zero support, kept hiking, and my arches collapsed. i went up a half size.

I swear in 2 years I've had to go up a whole shoe size....what the hell?

I hear pregnancy makes your feet grow (urban myth??) Chic...did you experience this?

yep. I was a 7.5 pre-E and now am a 7.5w or 8. It's not true for everyone and *some* of my old shoes still fit but something about the swelling and stretching makes it so they don't always go back

I decided to sign up for Pinterest to see if it made more sense but it's a waiting list type thing, you can't even sign up? What??

I'm on the waiting list too... Lame. My sister tried sending me an invite and that didn't even work, just kept me on the waiting list.

yep. I was a 7.5 pre-E and now am a 7.5w or 8. It's not true for everyone and *some* of my old shoes still fit but something about the swelling and stretching makes it so they don't always go back

My mom & sister both went up a half size with each pregnancy. My mom wore an 8.5 before babies & has been a 9.5 since. My sister went from 7.5 or 8 before my nieces and she now wears an 8.5 or 9.

ladies, one more hot yoga question before i actually buy this thing. i went on the website for the place, and it says they don't allow you to leave during the class because it's disruptive. seriously, am i going to survive this? i don't know if i can handle the idea that i CAN'T leave if i can't handle the heat.

You'll be fine. While you aren't supposed to leave and they don't encourage it AT ALL. They aren't locking you in. You CAN leave if you're going to throw up or lie down if the heat is getting to you. And you'll definitely survive! You'll do awesome.

ladies, one more hot yoga question before i actually buy this thing. i went on the website for the place, and it says they don't allow you to leave during the class because it's disruptive. seriously, am i going to survive this? i don't know if i can handle the idea that i CAN'T leave if i can't handle the heat.

I can't imagine that they would FORCE you to stay. In mine they suggested that even if you are just laying on the mat or sitting that you try to stay in the room because it will help just being in the heat. I felt comfortable sitting out of poses if my foot was cramping because no one really seems to pay attention to what other people are doing. It is definitely hot but I haven't had much issue with the heat although I have been very careful about hydrating and I take really hot showers so I may have a higher tolerance.

Honestly, I think you'll do it and be like, "What was the big deal about that?" as far as concerns/nerves go. I was pretty nervous going in but none of it was stuff that I couldn't handle! I'm hoping that I can get back on Friday if my back allows.

Okay I realize that like 2 days ago I said that I couldn't figure pinterest out but now I'm obsessed. Tonight I am going to craft my face off!

Also, getsome, I am stashing up on decorating ideas for parties/showers so you just say the word and I will craft the shit out of your wedding related festivities =)

ok, thanks. i just kind of freaked out when i saw that, because they did actually mention that they lock the doors. but i'm sure that's misleading. from a fire code standpoint, i'm sure it has to be something that only locks people OUT, not IN. this is just so, so far outside my comfort zone.

Back