• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Someone said snow?
8ad7fc58b755987b8ae07a3616f1ed81.jpg

This is a 136 page thread I don't think I've ever clicked on. What's it about?

the american people are gonna forget all about this thread once the snow arrives in their front yards

Crazy unlikely, but Charlotte would shut down for a while.

That would suck. Mom flying in Saturday to Charlotte.

Weird that Charlotte would get almost a foot of snow and it could miss Winston completely.

I know all of this may not happen, How long, if at all, would 12 inches shut down Charlotte airport? I assume freeways would be fine 24+ hours after this snowfall? Side roads could be issue?

I know all of this may not happen, How long, if at all, would 12 inches shut down Charlotte airport? I assume freeways would be fine 24+ hours after this snowfall? Side roads could be issue?

There's no way it happens, just thought it was interesting. Local mets aren't even calling for any snow at all. It's going to be 70 and sunny today. Even if, say 6 inches of snow fell, it would turn into a slushy 2-3 inches (there's a peen joke in here for sure). Not supposed to be all that cold if/when it would fall either, so you don't have anything to worry about.

Now, a 12 inch legit storm would pretty much shut down the airport for at least a day. Freeways would be OK-ish after 24 hours or so. Side roads would take up to a week, assuming it was cold after.

I'm confused- there's nothing but maybe a few flakes in the forecast Friday evening.

Sorry to be a smart ass, but do you live in the South?

Sorry to be a smart ass, but do you live in the South?

I do. I saw a forecast for 11 inches, which I've seen once in 11 years of living in Winston. I didn't fly that day, or days close to that, nor did I drive to Charlotte.

Storm trending East a bit, maybe even all the way off the coast. We'll see what happens, but I wouldn't expect too much (if any) from a early December storm in NC.

Storm trending East a bit, maybe even all the way off the coast. We'll see what happens, but I wouldn't expect too much (if any) from a early December storm in NC.

Huh? Pretty much every model is trending west. Looks like the Triad has a decent chance at seeing a few slushy inches. Charlotte and Raleigh borderline as always and probably mostly rain.

Ones rolling in right now (over last hour or so) are moving back west - had been out to shore for the last few runs. You're right.

cmc_snow_acc_se_15.png.28fc86bc1afe0377e4be816ec5d85575.png

This model says congrats Triad snow lovers (and Charlotte, barely). Even if it were to work out that way, safe to cut the totals in half.

Back