• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

People here continually have a hard time of understanding that It can still snow a lot even if it was warm yesterday, or it was sunny.

I'm glad you caught this. It's unbelievable that anyone could think these things. Amateurs !!

Ground coverage in Asheville this morning (i think it had just started to snow)
As of 11:15am there is about 4 inches on the ground at my office in Waynesville. There was probably an inch or so when I got to the office at 7:30

As of 11:15am there is about 4 inches on the ground at my office in Waynesville. There was probably an inch or so when I got to the office at 7:30

I woke up around 4:30 and there was nothing falling. I maybe had an inch or two when I cleared my car this morning. Still coming down hard in South Asheville.

You guys might get a foot. Still tons of stuff on the radar back in Mississippi/Louisiana.

You forgot the most important detail, yesterday's high temperature.

Coming down steadily in the dash now...sticking to lawns, trees, etc. not roads so far.

Pretty.

Triad folks, you just got upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning - up to 5 inches.

It's raining here in Raleigh but I am supposed to drive home to Charlotte at about 8 tonight. I'm sure there will be nothing sticking to 40/85, yet a 3 hour drive will undoubtedly take 6 as the Demos don't understand how braking works.

Current travel conditions in the dash.
536e68049df8bbb8db821a360372bbc8.jpg

Was there just no warning how heavy this was going to get? Really shocked schools didn't let out early. Still a bunch of school buses out there.

Someone hacked LKs account. I have never seen him complain about achool NOT being called off

MrsNF, a Forsyth County teacher, is stuck at school because they have no buses to send the kids home. Apparently the buses are struggling with their first routes.

Back