• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Local meteorologist in Charlotte coming around to the possibility of some actual accumulating snow, but still pretty up in the air.

Snow in Pensacola? Has it even snowed in New England yet this year? What a weird storm this would be.

Yeah I have no clue what to think. Some models showing snow in the panhandle/New Orleans/Houston/way south into Mexico but rain in Charlotte/Raleigh. Bizarre. You'd think they'd have a better way to accurately predict winter storms these days.

People were complaining about meteorologists missing a hurricane landfall by like 50 miles over a week out, when in NC, outside of the mountains, you can flip a coin and be more accurate in terms of whether it will rain or snow.

With a hurricane you know what the conditions of the storm will be and are worried primarily about track. With snow storms you're worried about the track as well as the temperatures, particularly in the south where a few degrees makes a big difference.

Soooooo..... this thing happening or not? All local forecasters almost seem to be mum as to not have to defend another miss

I was offered two tickets to tomorrow night’s game against Army (which I accepted). I now expect that it’ll dump all over us.

It’s legit snowing in San Antonio right now. First time since the 80’s.

Weather forecast is now 5-11" in the dash. It was flurrying a little at WFBH at 7:30 this morning.

It does not appear that the roads have been brined in Winston to this point, so if it does turn into a significant storm, expect worse travel than normal.

It does not appear that the roads have been brined in Winston to this point, so if it does turn into a significant storm, expect worse travel than normal.
The brine would have been washed off by the early periods of rain anyways. These storms that change from rain to snow make it next to impossible to prepare the roads ahead of time.

My weather app is saying 2-5” but I can’t see it. It’s been too warm.

sn10_acc.us_ma.png

From one of the short term models this AM. Safe to cut those totals in half due to warmer surface/ground temperatures. Also, I still think Charlotte gets mostly rain.

The ground is way too warm for any of this to stick - it was in the 60's just a few days ago.

The ground is way too warm for any of this to stick - it was in the 60's just a few days ago.

Well, parts Corpus Christi, TX received up to 7 inches, and Jackson, MS nearing 6 inches. Heavy enough rates will easily overcome warm ground, if we get them.

People here continually have a hard time of understanding that It can still snow a lot even if it was warm yesterday, or it was sunny.

Back