• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So apparently "After Earth" is incredible

but it did give us these

tumblr_m6q3olS0nA1rqi6boo1_400.gif

Q9WAj.gif

While stolen from Family Guy, here's my synopsis of the Village: nothing's happening, nothing's happening, retard in a ditch, nothing's happening, it's over, a lot of people in the audience look pissed.

I actually love The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. I think the latter is extremely rewatchable and Bruce Willis and Sam Jackson are fantastic together. I really like the first 3/4 of Signs and the first 3/4 of The Village (before the big reveals, which are both really bad). Then Shyamalan just really went off the rails, and I'm not exactly sure why.

unbreakable is the shiz

I thought Unbreakable was terrible. Unbelievably corny storyline.

Oh to have a dad who can buy you a Summer Blockbuster to star in. This looks like the worst movie of the year. What the fuck is up with that accent Will Smith is doing? I would say I can't believe Shyamalan is still allowed to direct, but The Last Airbender made $320 million worldwide despite the 6% RT rating, so who the hell knows. Will Smith still has tremendous box office draw, so I expect his presence to draw people in on opening weekend, and then once they find out he's barely in the movie, it'll drop like a rock once word of mouth kicks in.

It's blocked at work but I can't help but think of this link anytime someone brings up Signs.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=signs

One of those slow motion soft-core Showtime specials that start out as being mediocre detective melodrama, but you keep watching any way because it's starring Shannon Tweed and you know there's going to be a shower scene but you know it's going to suck because some dude inevitably comes in and starts man handling her and the camera man does nothing but zoom up on his ass. That's exactly what "Signs" is like: the camera man zooming up on some guy's ass for two hours.

:bowrofl:

Nobody even has a mid Atlantic accent anymore, so they must've had to study a lot of tapes of FDR or something.

I actually thought Lady In The Water was tolerable. Just kind of a harmless fantasy/kids story. The Happening was just awful. The Village wasn't much better. For me, it's Sixth>Signs>Unbreakable and then all the rest.

Back