• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

WSFCS should not have been closed for the entire day.

I hope WSFCS eats into Spring Break instead of tacking days onto the end of the year.
They have said they won't do this because those days were not set up to be make-up days and they don't think it is fair to families to do that. I think it is bullshit personally; next year they need to schedule Monday-Wednesday of Spring Break as makeup days just in case.

What the what?

ju8a6uzu.jpg

What the what?

ju8a6uzu.jpg

Someone on our MD board posted about that yesterday and we all promptly cursed at him. These were some of the maps (a day old and I'm not looking for new ones)

1308460.png

1308461.png

1308462.png

The GFS hits us while most of the others push it further towards New York/New England

gfs_ptype_slp_ma_65.png

Keep in mind that the storm next week will develop differently. Precipitation will be driven by a coastal low, so the big chunk of precip will likely be along the eastern third of NC. Much less (if any) moisture in the western third thus far. It looks to be cold enough to support snow from Fayetteville north. We shall see. Still 4 days away.

Drew, this is all your fault.

http://www.ncpiedmontweather.com/2014/03/20/snowstorm-becoming-more-likely/

What we know? Both the Canadian, GFS and European Ensembles show a strong coastal storm which COULD become a noreaster.
What we don’t know? How far south the snow and winter weather gets but seems as though North MS AL GA SC as well as South and Central VA and 90% of NC looks to be a heavy wet snow. We do not know if this will be a 2-4″ or even 8-12″ snowstorm but every option will be on the table with this system. Snow ratios will be on the order of 8-10″ of snow to 1″ of water or liquid equivalent.

What you need to realize is that the Canadian, GFS and European ensemble agreement will 9.9 times out of 10 lead to what they are forecasting and actually this threat will probably become stronger and the precip shield larger with the low bombing out off the east coast. Where this storm actually bombs out at will determine how far south the snow will get as there does not appear to be a large amount of mix or ice with this system at this time .

It is my gut feeling that the weather models move more toward a major snowstorm from the mid-south through the northeast and then maybe the pattern will relax a little as the threat on April 1-2 now appears to have almost disappeared but I cannot say at this time this would be our last bout of wintry weather in NC.

- See more at: http://www.ncpiedmontweather.com/2014/03/20/snowstorm-becoming-more-likely/#sthash.RcStytKz.dpuf

Back