• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

With Ahsoka's explanation of how the force is in everyone, its about training, blah blah, are we finally moving away from midichlorians?

I watched an ep 3 recap and it included a Rebels clip of Kanan saying Sabine was too Mandalorian to train in the force. So I completely forgot that whole plot line.

With Ahsoka's explanation of how the force is in everyone, its about training, blah blah, are we finally moving away from midichlorians?
Well, she also said something like "talent plays a factor" and one could say talent = midochlorians.

This is life with Star Wars but tail gunner combat drives me up the wall. Lucas loved WW2 aerial combat and so he gave the Falcon a way of replicating B17 combat but it's tech we've outgrown here in our own timeline. And they have too, see Lucien's escape from the Empire in Andor. He had automated cannons, like you're supposed to.

The other ships firing on the Jedi skilled at deflecting laser bolts instead of finishing off the ship by firing at all of the available space she couldn't guard is, well, again, life with Star Wars. I won't even get into the ships getting into melee range of the light saber wielder instead of using, you know, all of space.

I now have a favorite sassy SW robot, I really dig Huyang, even without considering Tennant. But it is Tennant so extra cool points for that.

I see "midochlorians" like Bronny James as opposed to the Thompson twins who started training for hoops as younglings.

Still not really feeling this series. It didn't help that I watched it last night when I was beatdown and ready to sleep, but I think the peripheral characters just really suck. General whatshername doesn't strike me as general-ly at all-- lacking gravitas or something. The red witch of the Star Wars universe is similar. Sabine-- why do I care for this character? Ray Stevenson, who is thankfully better than he was in RRR, seems to be the only person outside of Rosario Dawson who moves me in this. And Rosario with all her seriousness and smirking is quickly becoming a bit of a caricature.

I'll keep watching. I always do. But Andor appears to be a big time outlier in the DIsney SW universe. The fact that it was made for adults probably has something to do with that.

Ep 4 was good. I really liked one moment that captured the dichotomy between Mandalorian and Jedi. I don't like that it included something that makes even less sense if you didn't watch Rebels.

Hera was a key pilot in the rebellion. That's what you need to be a general in the rebellion and New Republic. But she's not "generally" because she's a rebel at heart who isn't really cut out for the politics and hierarchy of being a general.

One thing I didn't like in this episode that represents what I don't like about the show is Ahsoka's arc in this ep was boilerplate old Jedi. I want to see what happens when someone is good and powerful in the force but breaks from the Jedi way to form their own path. I'm not really getting that out of this show. There's not enough difference between Ahsoka and what we've seen from Yoda in the original trilogy and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in the prequels.

We are halfway thru an 8 episode run and we haven't seen the big bad yet. Could stand to pick up the pacing a bit.

Just finished e4 and, having been on team "Ahsoka = meh" so far, this one was damn good. Like, dare I say, even peak Andor good, but in the more traditional SW way, e.g. light sabers, locking S-foils in attack position, those kinda things.

I don't think Thrawn (if that's who you're referring to as the "big bad" LK) is the big bad as much as the MacGuffin, along with Ezra. I went to cheat on IMDB to see when his first scheduled appearance but it doesn't say. I did see that Wes Chatham is going to be in future episodes and hot damn to that. Glad to see him in a big-time show after the Expanse.

A trivial thing, did Ahsoka in the animated shows roll her "R"s? She rolled the r in "heir" in a "she said the thing" moment when she referred to Thrawn as "Heir to the empire".

I regret the 5 minutes I spent online googling who a certain character may have mysteriously been. This is a reminder for me to make better use of my time.

I regret the 5 minutes I spent online googling who a certain character may have mysteriously been. This is a reminder for me to make better use of my time.
Just because someone wears a mask it doesn't mean there's an important character under the mask. It may just be so they can use the same stunt actor for several roles.

Just because someone wears a mask it doesn't mean there's an important character under the mask. It may just be so they can use the same stunt actor for several roles.
Right. Star Wars has often used masked characters as red herrings. The identity of characters wearing masks or helmets in Star Wars has rarely ever been important.

Just finished e4 and, having been on team "Ahsoka = meh" so far, this one was damn good. Like, dare I say, even peak Andor good, but in the more traditional SW way, e.g. light sabers, locking S-foils in attack position, those kinda things.

I don't think Thrawn (if that's who you're referring to as the "big bad" LK) is the big bad as much as the MacGuffin, along with Ezra. I went to cheat on IMDB to see when his first scheduled appearance but it doesn't say. I did see that Wes Chatham is going to be in future episodes and hot damn to that. Glad to see him in a big-time show after the Expanse.

A trivial thing, did Ahsoka in the animated shows roll her "R"s? She rolled the r in "heir" in a "she said the thing" moment when she referred to Thrawn as "Heir to the empire".
Episode 4 was fantastic. I wasn’t sure where I was on this show through 3, but I’m all in now

I agree that it felt traditional SW but with peak “show” elements. The lightsaber scenes were fantastic. And the final third of the episode was really well done

Ep 4 was good. I really liked one moment that captured the dichotomy between Mandalorian and Jedi. I don't like that it included something that makes even less sense if you didn't watch Rebels.

Hera was a key pilot in the rebellion. That's what you need to be a general in the rebellion and New Republic. But she's not "generally" because she's a rebel at heart who isn't really cut out for the politics and hierarchy of being a general.

One thing I didn't like in this episode that represents what I don't like about the show is Ahsoka's arc in this ep was boilerplate old Jedi. I want to see what happens when someone is good and powerful in the force but breaks from the Jedi way to form their own path. I'm not really getting that out of this show. There's not enough difference between Ahsoka and what we've seen from Yoda in the original trilogy and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in the prequels.

Might be nothing, and I'm not SW-universe savvy enough to make a firm conclusion, but didn't Ahsoka force choke one of the minions in the fight at the ship? Seems like that was a very dark side thing to do.

Very curious to see how tonight's episode hit for people who didn't watch Rebels. I liked it even though the ending plot device made a lot more sense in Rebels than here. At least they didn't overstep.

Ahsoka seems to have finally found some chill and some comfier clothes, so that's nice. I was not hard into Clone Wars or Rebels but still thought last night was a vast improvement for the show overall. Didn't solve any of the pacing issues that have persisted all season though.

I was willing to give it a shot, but it’s become clear the whole point is setup the Thrawn movie. The slow pacing is purposeful because there is no story to tell, it’s all just setup for a movie. Andor, Rogue One and the Mandalorian all showed they could still do something decent with the IP if they wanted to but they decided to do this instead.

Gonna go on a limb and guess this one will just go atop the pile of other announced but never filmed Star Wars movies, especially since the last one Glover was in killed off the idea of Star Wars Story movies

She looked familiar but I couldn't place her.

No photo description available.

May be an image of 3 people and text

Back