• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State of the Program: Wellman Interview

The 55% increase figure is a flat out lie. Don't let him get away with that garbage. There is no way our students started showing up at that pace, last year.

I can (maybe) buy the 11% overall figure. That is still very questionable.

The 11% is due to adding a conference game and the temporary excitement of the upset wins.

Usually a new coach is judged compared to the old coach, not his own first year.

my wife and kids thank wellman. no more scheduling family events around basketball games. fuck it.

ron, this is your legacy. i know i'm not the only one....

The 11% is due to adding a conference game and the temporary excitement of the upset wins.

Usually a new coach is judged compared to the old coach, not his own first year.

Exactly and in many ways Buzz isn't even compared to his own shitty performances. According to the athletic department Buzz is only now cleaning up Dino's mess and beginning his own dynasty.

The 55% increase figure is a flat out lie. Don't let him get away with that garbage. There is no way our students started showing up at that pace, last year.

I can (maybe) buy the 11% overall figure. That is still very questionable.

I think people are still in shock from two years ago. We still sucked unbelievable ball sack on the road last year, but our home games were night-and-day compared to the year before. Maybe the students were paid off by AD plants, but we had the NC State win, almost beat Duke, beat #2 Miami - there was the weird [Redacted] Barnyard group... After the first few games the gym was an absolute ghost town town 2 years ago. I'm assuming you count student tickets minus the guaranteed Screamin' Deacon tickets, so 55% wouldn't be that surprising really.

If you went to just our home games starting in December last year when people start paying attention to basketball, you probably had a pretty good time overall. Plus no real blowouts - only one 10 point loss.

The problem is how long it took to get to mediocre, and that we just graduated our best player. Not really sure why anyone goes over AD interviews hoping for candid answers anyway. The AD is a cheerleader for the sports programs. The most an AD should ever say negatively is that nobody's happy with our record, and then it'll just be points about what worked or what's going to work.

1. They are on our schedule. So it counts
2. To be fair pro t unc duke and ncs ocs

1. No you do not get credit for scheduling Kansas on a neutral court if you did not schedule Kansas. We signed up for a preseason tournament with 7 other teams. Surprise surprise we were deemed to be the WORST team participating so we got matched up with the #1 team. If we didn't suck quite so bad we would have probably played UTEP or Tennessee and gotten smoke by them first round and never played Kansas. It isn't really going to matter since I doubt we win a game down there.

2. What does this even mean?

my wife and kids thank wellman. no more scheduling family events around basketball games. fuck it.

Right there with ya...basketball and football. This will be the first season since graduation that I haven't had season tickets for football.

Last edited:

Yup. I remember someone (maybe ChrisL) posted something to the tune of telling my wife that I can't help with bathtime doesn't work quite as well when you are down 20 to a mediocre State team.

State of the Program: Decaying at a rate where rock bottom is today's illusion.

rock-bottom.jpg

still going down

Does he even listen to the questions? He just spews the same shit over and over and over and over and over again.

Given this OOC schedule, how many wins do you think it would take for Ronny to be justified in saying we've made significant improvement? 23-24?

"was able to perform a Q & A" ??? How about use "interview"

Do I really want to read this?

I think it was literally a Q & A. Questions were emailed and Wellman responded by writing to them. I don't think he was actually interviewed

Given this OOC schedule, how many wins do you think it would take for Ronny to be justified in saying we've made significant improvement? 23-24?

you have to start by wining every ooc after the initial tourney (and maybe richmond) anything less against those cupcakes is just more of the same. combine that with 50/50 in acc (not all at home) and i might believe they are the best team in the "culture war" era... that's a pretty low bar though.

Honest to God, why does anyone care what he says anymore? The fact that he can't be honest and just say, "I feel really bad about our hoops programs results the last few years. I expected more, but I am going to give him one more year to see what he can do...."

I just feel really bad for the kids who have given 4 years of their lives to this shit-show.

And I personally don't give a shit about the program anymore. I will start to care when their level of caring (about winning) reaches what mine used to be.

Back