• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State of the Program: Wellman Interview

still going down

Or, put another way...

9036240978_4f67fd4e5b_z.jpg

I think it was literally a Q & A. Questions were emailed and Wellman responded by writing to them. I don't think he was actually interviewed

If this is the case, they should call it that. 24 years in the media, this is a new one on me.

If this is the case, they should call it that. 24 years in the media, this is a new one on me.

It's what you do when you consider yourself superior to the people "interviewing" you and you want complete control over the flow of information. It's a complete dick move.

This was almost reassuring in that you might worry you've reached lunatic fringe status and then read what this guy says and say nope.. he's actually crazy. We are fucked.

Yup. I remember someone (maybe ChrisL) posted something to the tune of telling my wife that I can't help with bathtime doesn't work quite as well when you are down 20 to a mediocre State team.

Yep, that was me.

Possibly deluded. More likely just buckets and buckets of horseshit, more horseshit than I've ever seen, and I've seen tons of horseshit.

Why bother to interview him, dv7? He can't be fired, and he knows it.

Because I would actually have follow up questions and not be a little bitch.

Not that I have any delusions about it happening.

Yep, that was me.

Well said.

Last year, we had to go visit my in-laws in Miami for a short trip to drop off the dog or something the weekend of the State football game. I convinced my wife to go down after the State game, a 3:00 kickoff which would put us arriving in Miami around midnight. If it wasn't for Wake football (and a less than optimal TV situation down there), we would have driven down Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Well you can guess what happened. State goes up 17-0 in the 1st quarter. My wife was packing and watching the boys and I was miserable watching us stumble out of the gate. She'd check the score every now and then and shake her head. We had two FGs to close the halftime gap to 17-6, so for 20 minutes I didn't feel like such a bad dad anymore.

Of course, State returned the 2nd half kickoff for a TD and they were up 34-6 at the 7:51 mark. I couldn't justify sticking around for the end and I didn't want to. We left at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Now I'm sure there are some people who will read this and say, "Ph gave up on the team" or "Ph is a bad fan" or "Ph hates the coaches and Mother So Dear" or something like that. But it's tough to balance being a die hard Wake fan and a good dad when the coaches, players, and athletic department don't care enough to even try to put a decent product on the field and court.

Oh and God bless my wife for letting me to go Notre Dame the next week to see us lay a turd in person.

Well said.

Last year, we had to go visit my in-laws in Miami for a short trip to drop off the dog or something the weekend of the State football game. I convinced my wife to go down after the State game, a 3:00 kickoff which would put us arriving in Miami around midnight. If it wasn't for Wake football (and a less than optimal TV situation down there), we would have driven down Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Well you can guess what happened. State goes up 17-0 in the 1st quarter. My wife was packing and watching the boys and I was miserable watching us stumble out of the gate. She'd check the score every now and then and shake her head. We had two FGs to close the halftime gap to 17-6, so for 20 minutes I didn't feel like such a bad dad anymore.

Of course, State returned the 2nd half kickoff for a TD and they were up 34-6 at the 7:51 mark. I couldn't justify sticking around for the end and I didn't want to. We left at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Now I'm sure there are some people who will read this and say, "Ph gave up on the team" or "Ph is a bad fan" or "Ph hates the coaches and Mother So Dear" or something like that. But it's tough to balance being a die hard Wake fan and a good dad when the coaches, players, and athletic department don't care enough to even try to put a decent product on the field and court.

Oh and God bless my wife for letting me to go Notre Dame the next week to see us lay a turd in person.

I'm just impressed that you got your wife to go down after the state game.. usually once you get married that stops.

I don't get why folks are so opposed to the DVR. You can watch a football game in just 2 hours and college basketball game in about an hour ten. NBA games are 2 and half hours plus live but an hour thirty fast forwarding through all the commercials. The NFL is just insane now with all the challenges. I can watch two games in the time it takes to watch one live.

I don't get why folks are so opposed to the DVR. You can watch a football game in just 2 hours and college basketball game in about an hour ten. NBA games are 2 and half hours plus live but an hour thirty fast forwarding through all the commercials. The NFL is just insane now with all the challenges. I can watch two games in the time it takes to watch one live.

if you care about your personal sanity, why watch wake sports at all?

dvr for sporting events is a game changer. made the switch over the last few years after having a few kids.

dvr for sporting events is a game changer. made the switch over the last few years after having a few kids.

I just can't get into that with sports. I like the event aspect of it, watching live, getting more beer or surfing other games during commercial breaks. For whatever reason I'm just not as interested watching it recorded. Like yesterday's news. I admit it would be more efficient, though.

I just can't get into that with sports. I like the event aspect of it, watching live, getting more beer or surfing other games during commercial breaks. For whatever reason I'm just not as interested watching it recorded. Like yesterday's news. I admit it would be more efficient, though.

I am with this. In addition, I constantly having friends/co-workers texting me about what is happening in the game etc... Plus I feel like if we go out we are somewhere with a TV on and the bottom line is constantly scrolling.

Those were very good questions, but I cannot stand the email Q and A format. Absolutly no transparency in that. Good effort Deacon Sports

i don't watch the next day. i usually start an evening wake bball game (for instance) an hour or so later and skip the commercials. end about normal time. easy enough to avoid the score if i am with the family, putting the kids to bed etc. i can sit down in peace while my heart breaks a little more. pause for another beer etc.

Yeah - start late, end in real time is the way to go whenever possible.

Back