• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State's next coach?

I know I'm new to these types of forums, but I thought Moderators were supposed to be above such childish actions.

Haha, I was joking. Kinda. I might also joke with people that I will ban them, that won't happen either.

SHAKA!

I know I'm new to these types of forums, but I thought Moderators were supposed to be above such childish actions.

you havent met dv7.

as for the carolina fan on this thread hating on smart, i think its because he is scared that if smart goes to state, roy's lack of ability to do more than recruit to a top 5 all time program will be exposed.

The threads on the coaching search on packpride are some of the greatest examples of delusion i have ever seen.

The threads on the coaching search on packpride are some of the greatest examples of delusion i have ever seen.

"So we got turned down by Billy Donovan. That's ok Jamie Dixon was my number one all along anyway".

Actual serious post. Maybe we could get a big time coach already at a big program, but that would be a lucky that all types of different connections led to that coach wanting to come here. It wouldn't be because big name coaches are knocking on our doors dying to come here, as some seriously seem to think.

There's no way that's a serious post. Please tell me that guy got laughed off the boards.

What makes State fans think they've ever been in the position to get a coach from a big time program. Here's where they're previous coaches in my lifetime have come from:

NBA assistant
Miami (OH) head coach
East Tennessee State head coach
Iona head coach

Last edited:

Seriously. Everyone should check out the thread on the Terps' main board (247 sports) where Maryland posters have collected some of the best and tastiest nuggets from PackPride. It truly is incredible that a fanbase could be so delusional.

SethDavisHoops Seth davis
I've independently confirmed story from @sportsbybrooks that N.C. State contacted Josh Pastner with offer "north of 2 million." He said no.
1 minute ago

Is it true when asked if Billy D would be coaching NC State that their largest booster said he didn't know Billy Dee Williams coached basketball?

Seriously. Everyone should check out the thread on the Terps' main board (247 sports) where Maryland posters have collected some of the best and tastiest nuggets from PackPride. It truly is incredible that a fanbase could be so delusional.

That thread is one of the greatest things on the internet. Highly recommend you guys read it.

I have nothing against state, and actually other than Wake I probably pull for state more than anyone in the ACC, but its probably one of the worst jobs in the nation because of the expectations and the competition...you have to be as good and Duke and UNC or you're gone

I have nothing against state, and actually other than Wake I probably pull for state more than anyone in the ACC, but its probably one of the worst jobs in the nation because of the expectations and the competition...you have to be as good and Duke and UNC or you're gone

What proof of there is that?

Sendek was mediocre, but got ten years and wasn't even fired.

NCSU finally releases a statement:

"As Senior Associate Athletic Director at State and member of the head men's basketball coach search committee, I wanted to pass along the following about the process. A number of talented Division I coaches have indicated strong interest in the NC State men’s basketball coach position. As those conversations have occurred, coaches have naturally inquired about the potential compensation commitment of State, as would occur in any type of job search. Responding to those compensation questions is not the equivalent of “offering the job” to anyone. Instead, it is simply sharing information that reflects the commitment of State to the men’s basketball program."

from NCSU Sr Assoc AD Chris Kingston

NCSU finally releases a statement:

"As Senior Associate Athletic Director at State and member of the head men's basketball coach search committee, I wanted to pass along the following about the process. A number of talented Division I coaches have indicated strong interest in the NC State men’s basketball coach position. As those conversations have occurred, coaches have naturally inquired about the potential compensation commitment of State, as would occur in any type of job search. Responding to those compensation questions is not the equivalent of “offering the job” to anyone. Instead, it is simply sharing information that reflects the commitment of State to the men’s basketball program."

from NCSU Sr Assoc AD Chris Kingston

An amount tailored to a specific candidate indicates particular interest.

Nothing compared to that email from the Purdue athletic department the other day.

A lot of packpride thinks Gregg Marshall's NIT championship is better than Shaka's Final Four. A lot of posters also legitimately think Sid's tenure was better than Herb's last 5 years. You could call NC State fans delusional, but I think it's more accurate to say we're just retarded.

I think Marshall is a better coach than Smart. He just handily beat the guy who recruited all of VCU's players.

I think Marshall is a better coach than Smart. He just handily beat the guy who recruited all of VCU's players.

If you're going to say something asinine like that, why don't you bring up how Shaka beat Marshall head to head?

Back