• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

This may be blasphemous, but I've always liked Roy, and I can understand why that would be quite different from what he's used to/downright annoying. It's part of it now, so it is what it is, but it's a far cry from trying to sell a kid and his parents on the school.

Counterpoint: it's North Carolina, so he's shooting fish in a barrel to get them to Chapel Hill.

Wtf

This was a performance characteristic of WF basketball — the fact that we actually won was the unusual part.

We could have folded after the 4 game losing streak but we haven’t. The fact that we’re still in the conversation is a credit to Forbes in my mind. You need ugly wins sometimes and we’ve gotten a couple lately.

There’s some glaring issues, but still a lot to like imo

fans are fucking stupid

after the two previous coaches if they don't see that we actually have a good coach now then that's something else. astonishing really

i'm still not checked in every game (for example, forgot we played tonight), might not ever get back to that level of caring for Wake hoops, honestly and that's weird..but true, but Steve Forbes impresses me when I watch his teams play. and his players clearly love playing for him and they work hard for him. do you ingrates understand the difficult situation that guy took over? a lower power5 conference team after back-to-back horrible HISTORICALLY HORRIBLE head coaches, interest in the program in the fucking gutter, and he has people upset that a NCAA lock isn't a guarantee in -- what is this? year 3? year 4?

credibility watch? fuck off with that nonsense. y'all some punk ass whiny bitches

This was a performance characteristic of WF basketball — the fact that we actually won was the unusual part.

We could have folded after the 4 game losing streak but we haven’t. The fact that we’re still in the conversation is a credit to Forbes in my mind. You need ugly wins sometimes and we’ve gotten a couple lately.

There’s some glaring issues, but still a lot to like imo
Yes. This.
Just looked it up and this is year 3 for Forbes, right? Hired 2020. so 2020/21. 2021/22. 2022/23.

Anybody discrediting Forbes is a jackass. Simple as.

Pretending the program is not in the best hands possible is stupid.
Staff is putting in work. They are about to put the high school recruiting nonsense to rest here soon as I think they land both Juke and the ND de-commit.
Currently the ACC is putting their teams in a difficult situation where winning conference games are viewed as meaningless. Conference play is always going to be difficult whether or not the league is praised by outsiders.
The Juke and ND commit, both of them. OK, yes, that I like.

You realize 90% of this thread is a joke, right?

I suppose that eventually we all become the kinds of people we used to complain about.
I wonder when some ForbesOUT upstarts will go start their own message board because Sunshine Brigade olds like DV7 are stifling their criticisms.

Highly recommend watching Forbes’ full comments from today’s postgame presser. This team just keeps grinding—they are banged up and they keep leaving it all out there on the floor. That is a reflection of the coach in my mind. Can’t tell you how many times I thought during Danny’s last few years that all I wanted was a coach who had us go out and play hard every night. We’ve got that now, and I couldn’t be more pleased.

Should Forbes contract be based on his performance against the spread ? I mean he just beat a bad team by one point at home when we were favored to win by 14. He should still get paid, but probably less. Don't get me wrong, he's the coach and he should get paid living expenses, even if we lose.

And of course this cuts both ways. If we're a road underdog at UVa and we win by 5, he should get a bonus of like $20K per point by which he beats the spread.

This seems like a better way to structure coaches' contracts.

If you think Forbes isn’t doing more with less, you have no idea what you are watching or know much about the game. The way the current sophomores have improved along with the eye for talent Forbes has in the portal, shows he has what it takes for us to be at the top. He turned AW and Appleby into all-ACC players when they had average seasons at their other stops.They thrive in his system. The offense sets are great to watch. Watching guards come off middle ball screens and make the right decision or the double screen action for the guards in 5 out to get dribble penetration or a kick 3 to Monsanto or Williamson. He’s doing all the right things! I love watch his teams because of the effort and energy they bring! Just wait till he gets some big time recruits! It’s gonna be really fun in Winston for the foreseeable future under Forbes. Just hope when we do get to the top of the mountain, we can hang on to him forever!

Highly recommend watching Forbes’ full comments from today’s postgame presser. This team just keeps grinding—they are banged up and they keep leaving it all out there on the floor. That is a reflection of the coach in my mind. Can’t tell you how many times I thought during Danny’s last few years that all I wanted was a coach who had us go out and play hard every night. We’ve got that now, and I couldn’t be more pleased.
i love watching forbes pressers

he just doesn't sound like the coaches we've had lately!

Forbes was last year's ACC Coach of the Year and it was well deserved. His job performance this year probably exceeds last years. Last year there were 5 seniors in his top 6 players. This year he is starting 5 new players and only 1 of those can be classified as a senior. There is not another ACC coach with this type of roster change. Compare Forbes situation to UNC's returning roster for example. Forbes is doing an excellent job and we are damn lucky to have him, especially after the non-coaches we had to put up with for the prior 10 years.

Forbes was last year's ACC Coach of the Year and it was well deserved. His job performance this year probably exceeds last years. Last year there were 5 seniors in his top 6 players. This year he is starting 5 new players and only 1 of those can be classified as a senior. There is not another ACC coach with this type of roster change. Compare Forbes situation to UNC's returning roster for example. Forbes is doing an excellent job and we are damn lucky to have him, especially after the non-coaches we had to put up with for the prior 10 years.
Yes, but is he credible?!?

Back