• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

It's proof that we've been WFU fans for a long time. Only the newbies believe we can have good things. The rest of us know better.

Sort of kidding, but sort of not.

I said on another thread before the Pitt game that I was already mentally preparing myself for beating Pitt and Duke but then losing @ND. 20 years of trauma.

2&2' s "we got worked" argument is one of the dumber things I have read on here in a long time. Maybe he just doesn't know what "getting worked" means? We got worked in the second half at UNC. At no time did we get worked at Duke this year.

Duke had a working margin for almost the entirety of the second half. So pretty much the entire second half (in addition to most of the first).

We have 20+ years of history in Cameron, and every meaningful road game this season, from which to determine that we weren't winning that game if it was even remotely close. We needed to be up by 10+ for the majority of the game to even have a shot to hang on at the end like a cat on a screen door. If you look at that chart, combined with said history, and think that we were going to win, then I don't know what to tell you. The outcome of that game was never in doubt.
We? Absolutely no one in a Wake Jersey or on the Wake bench has near 20 year history in Cameron. They don’t even have a 5-year history. If you are talking about fans, we don’t really have an influence on the court.
Despite the feelings of one of our other brilliant attorneys, those same Wake folks have been even more unbeatable at home than your Dukies after the COVID year.

If you knew, without a doubt, that Duke would win then why did you keep watching? Were you pulling for Duke because that just seems like torture.

ETA: Someobe posed an even better question. Why aren’t you vacationing on the island you bought with winnings from betting on Duke?

Last edited:
+100 credibility points.

He becomes more credible if he mocks Filipowski.

I know you’re kidding, but from his facial expression, and his respect for Scheyer, I am getting ready for some castigation of the fanbase. He’s the face of all this and I have a feeling he’s going to toe the party line.

I know you’re kidding, but from his facial expression, and his respect for Scheyer, I am getting ready for some castigation of the fanbase. He’s the face of all this and I have a feeling he’s going to toe the party line.
I haven’t watched the postgame yet, but the quotes I’ve seen have only talked about how great the crowd was today. No way he attacks the fanbase. He said that he’s always hated court storming because it is scary.

Have zero respect for Flipowski. The guy plays dirty and the officials seem to always give him the benefit of the doubt. Today was no different except when that M.F. tried to exit the court. The story of this game will not be that Wake won this game but how close Flipowski came to being permanently disabled by an errant and unscrupulous Wake Forest fan. Reviewing the video of Flip trying to get off the court, it appears he extended his right leg attempting to trip the Wake fan. Flipowski needs to understand that there is "No Education In The Second Kick of a Mule"

Back