• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

I just want to know what Forbes does in games? He assembles talent and gets them ready to play for sure. But I swear the team would be better off coaching themselves once the game starts. Felt the same way with Manning but he had worse talent and much worse scheme and team chemistry.

Stan saying this game feels like the ND game. I would add there were 10 more similar earlier. Much of this is on Forbe's shoulders! Interesting how Currie will evaluate this situation.

Every time we beat the fuck out of an opponent I like to skip back a few pages on this thread an read all about how Forbes is a not a team builder and needs to recruit better and is a bad in game coach.
Huh?

It feels like after the Duke win the guys achieved all they had set out to do for the year. We fans need to make it clear we want more.

For me the true sadness is not getting to share the joy of the Deacs in March Madness with my kids. Seriously, it's 15 years of memories that, when I was younger, I assumed would happen. They never did.

I mean why else give myself this board name. My kids want to cheer with me but they've given up and moved on to other things. It's an actual loss that goes beyond the game.

That was my biggest issue with Wellman; he didn't appreciate how much this stuff means to families and friends, for whom shared fandom is a bond.

I thought it would be different with Forbes.

Eventually we are going to learn how Currie views this loss of institutional momentum & value. A whole generation of potential Deacon fans continues to be MIA.

For me the true sadness is not getting to share the joy of the Deacs in March Madness with my kids. Seriously, it's 15 years of memories that, when I was younger, I assumed would happen. They never did.

I mean why else give myself this board name. My kids want to cheer with me but they've given up and moved on to other things. It's an actual loss that goes beyond the game.

That was my biggest issue with Wellman; he didn't appreciate how much this stuff means to families and friends, for whom shared fandom is a bond.

I thought it would be different with Forbes.

Eventually we are going to learn how Currie views this loss of institutional momentum & value. A whole generation of potential Deacon fans continues to be MIA.
Very well said.

I get losing on the road. But how many times have we led at half by 9 or more and then lost. It seems we have at least 4. Win half of those and we have a decent not great record. And it would be one thing if we never led. But to led and have the game completely taken from us in the second repeatedly (it seems ) makes it worse

Forbes to Stan, I have done a poor job coaching these guys.

Back