• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions Thread

Have NOT read all the pages, but has anyone suggested being able to drag and drop pictures (ala DS)? It's not important because copy/paste url is easy as shit, but just wondering.

Also, any chance when we choose 'Quick Reply', the 'Quote message in reply' button can be automatically checked?

Hmm, it should have been disabled for at least one of those programs, and the way it's set the popups shouldn't come up again for like 6 months unless you clear your cookies on exit.

Need to be able to put a mod on the ignore list, especially if the mods here are going to post 114.08 times per day.

No "Yeah band" threads. I'm a sports fan not a marching or pep band fan. Marching bands are just a loud signal to go take a piss and and mix another drink.

Posted on the other board as well:

Need to be able to put a mod on the ignore list, especially if the mods here are going to post 114.08 times per day.

Note that DS allowed you to ignore anyone, even mods.

Any chance when we choose 'Quick Reply', the 'Quote message in reply' button can be automatically checked?

First off, excellent work here, fellas.

A pioneering suggestion for you. What I would like to see is a community that's a little more exclusive. Some way for regular users and valued contributors of the forum to kick out users that just plain suck. And I don't mean ban camp, I mean, "you suck, therefore you're gone". Sure, mods will ban for violating TOS. And there's the ignore feature. The problem with ignore is that even with that on a user, good threads get hijacked by said ignored user's douchey comments. Part of the reason, in addition to the censorship, the other board is now The Suck, and I don't post alot there (Rodneys360s) is that there are simply too many dbags and idiots over there now.

Some may see this as 'censorship' in and of itself, but I'm not talking about someone who constantly has opposing views to everyone, likes to say fuck a lot, or posts a pic of lovely hiney. That's all good. I'm talking about those that just plain suck as posters. You know the type, the grobeskinners of the world. They don't violate the TOS, they just blow.

Obviously, this could limit the ability for you guys to monetize this site due to fewer eyeballs, if that's a goal, which is understandable. Don't know a good solution yet (maybe a nomination and vote by users with a high enough rep? Maybe once a user has x number of 'ignores', he gone?), but just a thought.

Back