• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tar Holes Have a New FB Coach

People often assume, understandably, that programs facing sanctions or controversy won't be able to make decent hires, and they almost always turn out to be wrong.

Keep this in mind when you discuss Penn State's next football coach.

Grobe.

I've heard it, too.

Clemson's Faculty refused to let Bowden accept Dwight Jones, and UNC took him with open arms. Clemson.

It seems like UNC offered Fedora and thought he would accept which subsequently got leaked to everyone, but he has yet to accept it because he is giving A&M a day or two to match the offer.

It seems like UNC offered Fedora and thought he would accept which subsequently got leaked to everyone, but he has yet to accept it because he is giving A&M a day or two to match the offer.

I was just about to say this. No way he takes UNC job without going back to A&M. That would be stupid, especially considering you could make an argument A&M is the better gig

No doubt Fedora took the UNC offer to A&M as leverage to get them to offer or offer a better deal. You'd think someone would have told Bubba about how Butch did this to them like every year to get more money. UNC could come out of this looking pretty stupid for letting this leak so widely.

I was about to post the same thing.

Historically, absolutely, but I wonder how their move to the SEC West will affect them. They've largely been competing with Oklahoma State and Texas Tech for 3rd fiddle in the now defunct Big XII South for the last decade. They'll do the same for the foreseeable future, except it'll be Arkansas and Auburn, and you can argue that TAMU is closer to Mississippi State than they are to either of those teams.

Historically, absolutely, but I wonder how their move to the SEC West will affect them. They've largely been competing with Oklahoma State and Texas Tech for 3rd fiddle in the now defunct Big XII South for the last decade. They'll do the same for the foreseeable future, except it'll be Arkansas and Auburn, and you can argue that TAMU is closer to Mississippi State than they are to either of those teams.

What? UNC football is and always will be second fiddle in their own athletic department. A&M is setting up to be a really good gig. You have the Texas base to recruit from, and now have the South opened up as well. Competition will undoubtedly get tougher, but A&M has the fan base, facilities, and resources to compete.....The right coach could really make some noise there.

IC isn't saying UNC hired a new coach, and the article isn't either. UNC offered Fedora, he may or may not take the job.

Well, if he does accept, my hat's off to them.

They'll be fine going forward. They're no different than Arkansas, really. They'll be perennially good, but not BCS-bowl great, and there will be years where they have a top 10 team.

If you look at their talent based on recruiting rankings, they'll fit right in. They have the facilities, donors, alumni, and general support of the state to succeed. All they've needed is a good coach, but the past decade has failed them in that regard.

Back