• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tar Holes Have a New FB Coach

Absolutely no way to say that yet. Who knows how he will do at UNC. Tons of guys have failed that were supposedly "homerun" hires. This is a better hire for UNC than Malzhan would have been but he's really only done it one year.

Based on his past success and knowledge of offense it is a home run hire. Not every hr hire has to have won a title like saban and Meyer to be good.

I'd say he was the best they could do, so home run (for them).

I really thought the AD was going to get Skip in but I guess he had too crappy of a season.

Fedora is a home run hire for that program.

How so? What is he the soup of the day!? Rich Rod was a "homerun" remember?

Fuck Fedora, the Oracle says that if the son of a bitch gets the job then "he will depart unc with his ass in his hat."

The Curse continues for those pale blue mofuggies!

Based on his past success and knowledge of offense it is a home run hire. Not every hr hire has to have won a title like saban and Meyer to be good.

I'd say he was the best they could do, so home run (for them).

It's definitely a home run hire. Fedora knows how to run an offense, and he shouldn't have trouble getting players in at UNC to make some noise.

Related?

ErinESummers Erin Summers
The #UNC Board of Trustees are holding an emergency meeting at 9 a.m. on Thursday and at 9 a.m. Friday to discuss a personnel matter

yes. the BOT had to hold a similar meeting after the new AD was hired (Bubba Cunningham)

How so? What is he the soup of the day!? Rich Rod was a "homerun" remember?

Fuck Fedora, the Oracle says that if the son of a bitch gets the job then "he will depart unc with his ass in his hat."

The Curse continues for those pale blue mofuggies!

Thad I listed the reasons why at the top of this page.

A home run hire for the UNC program, not a top-tier program. There's a big difference.

Even if it's not a home run, it's better than Bunting.

jzd36t.jpg

Can't wait to see all those superfan douches in Chapel Hill next year wearing fedoras. You know that's going to happen. Perhaps they can trade their "We Support Butch" t-shirts for a hat.

Can't wait to see all those superfan douches in Chapel Hill next year wearing fedoras. You know that's going to happen. Perhaps they can trade their "We Support Butch" t-shirts for a hat.

I hate UNC, but you realize how bad we are ragged on for the tie dyes, right? I've heard various versions of the term "douche" used for years by alums from many different schools in conversations about those shirts.

It's definitely a home run hire. Fedora knows how to run an offense, and he shouldn't have trouble getting players in at UNC to make some noise.

Bullshit.

He took over a program that was easily the strongest in CUSA and had been built by Jeff Bower (14 straight winning seasons and perennially the top ranked recruiting class in CUSA). He had one great season.

Bullshit.

He took over a program that was easily the strongest in CUSA and had been built by Jeff Bower (14 straight winning seasons and perennially the top ranked recruiting class in CUSA). He had one great season.

Even if the previous coach leaves the cupboard full, you still have to do something with it. Look at Kiffin. Heavy sanctions hit SC, he loses players and scholarships but has done pretty damn well in spite of the difficulty.....

Fedora's teams as a HC and OC......total offense ranking:

2011 - #13 (southern miss hc)
2010 - #18 (southern miss hc)
2009 - #31 (southern miss hc)
2008 - #20 (southern miss hc)
2007 - #7 (okst oc)
2006 - #8 (okst oc)
2005 -#106 (okst oc)
2004 - #17 (Florida oc)

Think somewhere along my data research scoring and total yards per game were mixed up, but it doesn't make much of a difference and the point is obvious. His one poor year was his first at okst.

Those are strong numbers. As someone who likes to see UNC not doing well in football this hire is scary. They could be facing sanctions, and still pulled in one of the better offensive minds in the game. This is definitely a home run hire for them. It shouldn't be long before he has UNC consistently in the top 20 in the nation in total offense. He gets a halfway capable defensive coordinator and UNC could make some noise.

Of course, I hope you're right, but I don't like the hire from a clemson standpoint.

I think you need to judge a hire based on the pool of candidates available. Obviously Fedora isn't Bear Bryant, but it doesn't look like there are a ton of other viable candidates available (at least this year).

AD Cunningham has a very solid track record of hiring good football coaches. I suspect he has hired well again.

I think you need to judge a hire based on the pool of candidates available. Obviously Fedora isn't Bear Bryant, but it doesn't look like there are a ton of other viable candidates available (at least this year).

You're obviously a UNC fan. Are you happy with the hire? Chad Morris greatly exceeded my expectations in his first year as OC for Clemson. I would think UNC fans would be excited with the idea of bringing in one of the better offensive minds in the game.

Guess it will come down to recruiting. I haven't checked out Fedora's recruiting record, but I hear it's pretty good. If he can get talent in to run his offense, then it could get scary. Wish he went somewhere else.

yes I am happy, along my most other unc fans. Wanted to see more of a spread/uptempo offense for quite some time. UNC has quite a bit of offensive talent, so it will be interesting to see what LF can do with it.

Interestingly, he ran a 4-2-5 defense this past year at SoMiss. Not sure if that was based on his personal or if he will try to bring that to UNC.

You're obviously a UNC fan. Are you happy with the hire? Chad Morris greatly exceeded my expectations in his first year as OC for Clemson. I would think UNC fans would be excited with the idea of bringing in one of the better offensive minds in the game.

Guess it will come down to recruiting. I haven't checked out Fedora's recruiting record, but I hear it's pretty good. If he can get talent in to run his offense, then it could get scary. Wish he went somewhere else.

Understatement of the year. That man should be king of the town.

Pretty good hire. Give him time and he will get them winning 8-9 games consistently. -every packpride poster on every coach ever

Back