• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

That thing that never happens is happening again...

Obviously one of them is intent on committing voter fraud.

This thread is a perfect example of a typical ogboards thread.

OP (in the case SGT.) starts a thread with a title that's just enough to insinuate something, then posts a link, then quotes a paragraph to increase insinuation of something diabolical.
Wrangor states his amazing ability to predict the future.
DeacMan pretends to know anything about science by channeling Lectro.
BBD goes with sarcastic response.
923 lays a beat down on the OP (in this case SGT.).
94 juxtaposes his HST avatar with pragmatism.
WandB tries to get in 923's pants.
RJ claims he told you so first.
blah, blah, blah
RJ makes a bad joke.
OP (in this case SGT.) restates his original intention and changes the subject finishing with a Glenn Beckish shoulder shrug and a "I'm just saying..." cliffhanger.
ONW wastes way too much time thinking he's funny.

Ph agrees with ONW.

Only 1 of me. Only 160 with my last name.

This thread is a perfect example of a typical ogboards thread.

OP (in the case SGT.) starts a thread with a title that's just enough to insinuate something, then posts a link, then quotes a paragraph to increase insinuation of something diabolical.
Wrangor states his amazing ability to predict the future.
DeacMan pretends to know anything about science by channeling Lectro.
BBD goes with sarcastic response.
923 lays a beat down on the OP (in this case SGT.).
94 juxtaposes his HST avatar with pragmatism.
WandB tries to get in 923's pants.
RJ claims he told you so first.
blah, blah, blah
RJ makes a bad joke.
OP (in this case SGT.) restates his original intention and changes the subject finishing with a Glenn Beckish shoulder shrug and a "I'm just saying..." cliffhanger.
ONW wastes way too much time thinking he's funny.

I knew you were going to post this. So predictable.

Reactions: ONW
The main reason this is total BS is that these numbers existed before the classist, racist voter suppression laws began passed. If they were real, it would have been used form Day One.

528 of me.

How is Buck or Karl similar to Charles?

I'm the only person with my name apparently. Actually when using my real first name there are 129 of us (not surprising, my dad and granddad have the same name) even though I thought that name would be far more rare than my middle name, which is actually only shared by 1500 other people in the country period.

I knew you were going to post this. So predictable.

OP disappears

Wrangor makes joke to salvage board cred

DeacMan comes back a day or two later to rant on unrelated point

Last edited:
OP disappears

Wrangor makes joke to salvage board cred

DeacMan comes back a day or two later to rant on unrelated point

I didn't disappear. I just didn't have anything of value to add (other than there are 348 of me), but I don't think I have to post every thought that pops into my head.

How would voter ID address this issue?

Voter ID prevents in-person voter fraud. If these people are in the NC election rolls there registration card is somewhere. But, you'd need an ID in NC to make use of that registration card.

Voter ID is actually a useful back-end measure to stop voter registration fraud.

Where did that 35,000 number come from? I'm seeing 765 potential cases. None of which have actually been confirmed.

Where did that 35,000 number come from? I'm seeing 765 potential cases. None of which have actually been confirmed.

From the article:

Kim Strach, the new director of North Carolina’s Board of Elections, disagrees. She just searched a database that comprises about half the registered voters in the U.S. and found 35,750 voters in her state whose first and last names and full date of birth match with someone in another state who also voted in the 2012 election. A smaller number (765) had exact matches on Social Security numbers, but that total is artificially low because only some states provide that number for any or all of their voters."

That explains the 35k number and the 765 number.

Hulka, you understand why people are clowning your OP, right?

I would imagine the 765 could easily be people who moved and changed their registration and there is a time period when they would show up on two rolls.

Reactions: ONW
Back