• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

That thing that never happens is happening again...

Perhaps I am mis understanding the article then...I read it as they voted in 2012 in NC and another state.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/375021/dems-voter-fraud-denial-john-fund

"Kim Strach, the new director of North Carolina’s Board of Elections, disagrees. She just searched a database that comprises about half the registered voters in the U.S. and found 35,750 voters in her state whose first and last names and full date of birth match with someone in another state who also voted in the 2012 election."

Here's a breakdown, Hulka.

It seems like there are 35,750 registered voters in NC who have the same names and birth date as someone in another state who voted in 2012.

The best info I can find is that there were 6,206,544 registered voters in NC in Oct 2012 and about 126,000,000 people voted outside of NC in 2012.

So on the day they were born, 0.6% of registered voters in NC were given the same name by their parents as somebody else born that same day who ended up voting in the 2012 election.

On the day they were born, around 0.03% of 2012 voters outside of NC were given the same name by their parents as somebody else born that same day.

That doesn't sound too crazy to me and even if it does, consider my post before about overlap for people who moved and registered in a new state before the election.

And if that still sounds like evidence of voter fraud, let's do something about absentee ballots because that's how it would happen.

OP disappears

Wrangor makes joke to salvage board cred

DeacMan comes back a day or two later to rant on unrelated point

You forgot the part where PH takes a funny post and makes it unfunny. Don't steal other peoples material. That is a very RJ-esque tactic. Be your own man.

Wrangor turns an innocuous post into a teachable moment as if he's a grown man's dad.

Wrangor turns an innocuous post into a teachable moment as if he's a grown man's dad.

Lol. PH lecturing a lecturer. Too good. Too good. Truce buddy. No harm meant. Just having fun.

My one black friend says that black people give their kids weird names to avoid this problem.

Good point. I think Hulka is blaming white people with bland names for voter fraud.

Did the story include the party affiliation of these duplicate names?

People frequently fly across the country to vote multiple times.

yes, especially poor people who want Obama and other democrats to give them a free ride so they can lay around and fuck and make babies on the backs of the hard working.

I just thought it was suspicious that 35k people with the same name (AND DOB) voted in two states in the same election. I understand having the same name, but same name and dob is crazy (and there was no mention of flying across country, so I don't know where that came from, but this whole place is no longer a venue to actually discuss issues.)

And I posted the follow up to show the hypocrisy of the dems calling Ohio regulations racist/voter suppression because they are cutting back early voting from 5-4 weeks. While in states where there is no early voting there is no outrage about voter suppression from the dems because they always win those states.

Where is the RJ outrage that New Jersey does not allow early voting! Oh the humanity!

Last edited:
You are confusing voter fraud with restricting voter opportunity.

I just thought it was suspicious that 35k people with the same name (AND DOB) voted in two states in the same election. I understand having the same name, but same name and dob is crazy (and there was no mention of flying across country, so I don't know where that came from, but this whole place is no longer a venue to actually discuss issues.)

And I posted the follow up to show the hypocrisy of the dems calling Ohio regulations racist/voter suppression because they are cutting back early voting from 5-4 weeks. While in states where there is no early voting there is no outrage about voter suppression from the dems because they always win those states.

Where is the RJ outrage that New Jersey does not allow early voting! Oh the humanity!

Would still like more evidence of actual fraud before jumping to conclusions. I agree that NJ should have early voting.

Did CT, NY, NJ, etc. allow early voting at one point but later abolish it?

No...well, NY did restrict it...but you would think that if you don't even allow it, the dem party would be up in arms about voter suppression from the get go! But since the states are controlled by the dem machine, you cant very well claim racism/voter suppression.

No...well, NY did restrict it...but you would think that if you don't even allow it, the dem party would be up in arms about voter suppression from the get go! But since the states are controlled by the dem machine, you cant very well claim racism/voter suppression.

Meh. I think a reasonable conclusion to draw is that outrage is greater in the face of conveniences taken away or restricted (for shamefully transparent reasons, in my opinion) rather than for conveniences never granted. Maybe there's something to NY but without knowing the details I won't comment.

I do favor early voting and hope to see it expand. FTR, I do not oppose voter ID in principle.

Meh. I think a reasonable conclusion to draw is that outrage is greater in the face of conveniences taken away or restricted (for shamefully transparent reasons, in my opinion) rather than for conveniences never granted. Maybe there's something to NY but without knowing the details I won't comment.

I do favor early voting and hope to see it expand. FTR, I do not oppose voter ID in principle.

I understand your position, but disagree. I would prefer much more stringent restrictions to voting, but that is because I think you should know what you are voting on/about and apparently that makes me racist. Which is an interesting comment on the accusers of racism.

I understand your position, but disagree. I would prefer much more stringent restrictions to voting, but that is because I think you should know what you are voting on/about and apparently that makes me racist. Which is an interesting comment on the accusers of racism.

How would stringent restrictions make for a more educated electorate? Or do you only want intelligent people to be able to vote?

Who decides when a potential voter is informed enough to cast a ballot? Isn't informing voters a burden that candidates/issue organizations should be required to bear rather than voters. Conditionally barring citizens from voting seems inherently undemocratic to me.

I'd like it if early voting was available in more states. But it is not racist to allow or not allow early voting.

It is, at best, suspicious to remove methods of voting that are used predominantly by minorities.

Also, I had no idea all the dumb dumbs voted early.

Voted or registered to vote?

What were the part affiliations of these fraudulent individuals?

Have they been arrested yet?

Back