• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
KB had a good season. Maybe essentially cloning him will work.

I'm fine with the pick. Funchess is more explosive than Benjamin. He's not going to burn anyone in the league but he doesn't play as stiff as Kelvin.

We're much better off at WR than we thought we were last year.

KB
Funchess
Philly
Ginn

vs

KB
Avant
Cotchery
Philly

It's really not close.

No WR was taken after us until the fifth pick in the third round. Why'd we trade up again?

Fuchess kind of sucks

Prove me wrong

I might be a little biased since the only full Michigan game I watched this year was when he tore App a new asshole, but his measurable a look like a slightly poorer man's KB. He's an inch shorter with slightly smaller hands but a much better vertical.

The thing that worries me most is the drops. Our QB isn't exactly known for throwing the most catchable ball.

No WR was taken after us until the fifth pick in the third round. Why'd we trade up again?

Wow...I already thought we could have gotten him at our original pick but what a terrible gamble (yes i know hindsight is 20/20). Jeez...Gettleman better have a plan. We could have picked up a really good piece in the 3rd.

A lot of national mocks had us taking OT TJ Clemmings at 25. He's still on the board.

Panthers traded up to the top of the 4th and draft Oklahoma OT Daryl Williams. Gave up later 4th, a 5th, and 7th. Still passed on TJ Clemmings.

Wish we had gotten Clemmings there....looks like the kid from Oklahoma can only play right tackle...

Something must be wrong with Clemmings for him to have fallen this far. I think there's an injury concern there.

Word on Williams is definite NFL RT, great size, road grader run blocker, weaker in pass protection. Studio guys say 3rd round grade on him.

Michael Oher will be the Panthers starting LT to start the year at least. We might as well accept this. I hold out hope he wont be as bad as Byron.

So we've got the two 5th round supplemental picks and that's it.

The Official 2015 Carolina Panthers Eat Turducken Thread

So "we're not one player away" but we are taking 5 players in a draft in which we could have gotten 9. Seems like picking by need as well since weak side LB, RT, and WR2 are 3 of the weakest positions. I think DE and RB will be the 5th round picks.

So "we're not one player away" but we are taking 5 players in a draft in which we could have gotten 9. Seems like picking by need as well since weak side LB, RT, and WR2 are 3 of the weakest positions. I think DE and RB will be the 5th round picks.

I think RB will definitely be one of them for sure. DE is a good bet too, but I wouldn't mind a DB either

If LT is covered, surely GMan believes we are fine at DB.

You think GMan is feeling a little defensive after taking some heat for the trade yesterday? Talking to the media right now about Daryl Williams he wore his Super Bowl ring for the first time.

CEA68l1VAAA2bx9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back