• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

Those were good wins. Think his best win was over #14 Georgia Tech in 1999. That GT team had been in the top 10 for most of the year (they were #14 when WF beat the Jackets); GT beat UGA the next week. The win over GT clinched a Aloha Bowl bid for the Deacs.

Uggh. The middle game of the Jim Donnan 3-game losing streak to Ga Tech. The last one cost him his job (along with losing to UT and UF all the time(2-8)).

Agree that it's great when a non-traditional program breaks through, but seems like that sentiment conflicts with the idea that it has to be another traditional power that breaks through. Would like to see another team, outside of tOSU win the Big 10, it just doesn't have to be Michigan.

Fair enough. The SEC actually has been somewhat better about this in recent years with LSU/UGA/Auburn all challenging or beating Bama and having very realistic shots at national titles (and/or winning them). Need that to happen in other conferences. I just think, long term, this is more likely to happen with powers like Michigan, Penn State, FSU, Miami, and Texas being good. And the PAC 12 needs to find relevance again. But I'm also all for the little guys overachieving and having a shot at conference titles/playoff spots as well.

Fair enough. The SEC actually has been somewhat better about this in recent years with LSU/UGA/Auburn all challenging or beating Bama and having very realistic shots at national titles (and/or winning them). Need that to happen in other conferences. I just think, long term, this is more likely to happen with powers like Michigan, Penn State, FSU, Miami, and Texas being good. And the PAC 12 needs to find relevance again. But I'm also all for the little guys overachieving and having a shot at conference titles/playoff spots as well.

The B1G and the ACC (and the Big XII) keep saying that but it never happens.

The undefeated teams in the B1G are tOSU, Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana, and Wisconsin. Wisconsin might not even qualify for the B1GCG due to number of games played. Ohio State's remaining abbreviated schedule is a fucking cakewalk, with two games that might even be competitive remaining (and that includes the Michigan game).

Clemson's average margin of victory in the ACCCG the past three years is 27 points.

AAC could play its championship game on 12/12 and BYU & UC could play on 12/19, which is the date of the other championship games.

Texas A&M was also included in this dscussion, as they could wind up 9-1 with their only loss coming at Alabama, but I don't see the SEC allowing an OOC game. They've also got five games left against reasonably decent competition.

Well, the AAC just announced its championship game will be on 12/19, so forget about that idea.

Dan Mullen's goldbricking ass fined $25,000 for acting hysterical on the football field, furthering an altercation, and inciting the fans. Lane Kiffin got fined the same amount for criticizing officials after the game.

Florida players defensive lineman Zach Carter and linebacker Antwuan Powell will miss the first half against Georgia this week for fighting.

Missouri linebacker Chad Bailey, offensive lineman Dylan Spencer and defensive lineman Markell Utsey will miss the first half of Missouri's game vs. Georgia on November 14 which follows a Missouri open date on November 7.

Wonder if Gameday would go to Coastal Carolina if App St goes into their game 6-1 & Coastal is still undefeated?

Wonder if Gameday would go to Coastal Carolina if App St goes into their game 6-1 & Coastal is still undefeated?

Definitely a possibility. Currently, there are only two games that weekend that involve ranked teams on November 21:

- #14 OK State v. #18 Oklahoma
- #13 Indiana v. #3 tOSU

Indiana plays Michigan this weekend and then at Michigan State the week after. If the Hoosiers win both, Gameday would likely go to Columbus as Indiana might have ascended to the top 10 at that point. If IU loses to Michigan (Michigan is favored) or MSU, then I think Coastal likely hosts if neither Coastal or the Apps lose before November 21. BTW, Coastal also plays #25 Liberty to close the season on December 5. Liberty still has games at VT and at NC State, but if they won them both and Coastal ran the table in the Sun Belt, the Liberty v. Coastal game on December 5 could also garner some attention.

Great story. Chants Up!

Definitely a possibility. Currently, there are only two games that weekend that involve ranked teams on November 21:

- #13 Indiana v. #3 tOSU

Indiana plays Michigan this weekend and then at Michigan State the week after. If the Hoosiers win both, Gameday would likely go to Columbus as Indiana might have ascended to the top 10 at that point. If IU loses to Michigan (Michigan is favored) or MSU, then I think Coastal likely hosts if neither Coastal or the Apps lose before November 21. BTW, Coastal also plays #25 Liberty to close the season on December 5. Liberty still has games at VT and at NC State, but if they won them both and Coastal ran the table in the Sun Belt, the Liberty v. Coastal game on December 5 could also garner some attention.

Great story. Chants Up!

God bless the Chants but my Hoosiers have more losses than any other team in the history of college football. To be two possibly winnable games away from a top 10 ranking and a match up with OSU is insane. Hoo, hoo, hoo Hoosiers!

Dan Mullen's goldbricking ass fined $25,000 for acting hysterical on the football field, furthering an altercation, and inciting the fans. Lane Kiffin got fined the same amount for criticizing officials after the game.

Florida players defensive lineman Zach Carter and linebacker Antwuan Powell will miss the first half against Georgia this week for fighting.

Missouri linebacker Chad Bailey, offensive lineman Dylan Spencer and defensive lineman Markell Utsey will miss the first half of Missouri's game vs. Georgia on November 14 which follows a Missouri open date on November 7.

Mullen is an absolute clown. Would be very embarrassed to have him associated with a team I cheered for. Same dude who did not have a "no weapons policy" for his team until 2018.

- #13 Indiana v. #3 tOSU

Great story. Chants Up!

The App St v. Louisiana game on 12/4 should also be a fairly important game.

Mullen is an absolute clown. Would be very embarrassed to have him associated with a team I cheered for. Same dude who did not have a "no weapons policy" for his team until 2018.

I assure you that after Muschamp and McElwain, Florida fans have no issues with Mullen.

His QB got hit late on a dirty play and his teammates stood up for him.

I assure you that after Muschamp and McElwain, Florida fans have no issues with Mullen.

His QB got hit late on a dirty play and his teammates stood up for him.

Umm no. Mullen sprinted to midfield to start screaming at the Missouri players/coaches (and the officials I'm assuming) like an absolute psycho. The players didn't "stand up for him" until things escalated after Mullen's tirade. And then he just flat out lied after the game and said that he was just trying to get players off the field.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/dan-mullen-fine-florida-missouri-fight-2020-video/

I don’t see anything in that video that bothered me. It’s a coach standing up for his players.

I don’t see anything in that video that bothered me. It’s a coach standing up for his players.

No, his job is to defuse the situation. His quarterback was fine. He says he was trying to get his players off the field and nothing could be further from the truth. The fight started after he ran out on the field and started yelling at Missouri players and the refs.

C'mon man. A coach shouldn't go to midfield and start jawing with the other team's players.

Mullen is a psycho. Can't say I like much about what he did on Saturday.

But as a Florida Gator fan, I like him because he wins.

McElwain was also embarrassing, but he didn't win as much.

C'mon man. A coach shouldn't go to midfield and start jawing with the other team's players.

I don’t think that was his intention when he left the sideline. I got the impression that he was going after the referees and that on the way there encountered the players. I could be 100 percent wrong.

I’d be curious to see the All-22 footage but can’t find it online.

On the whole, I’d rather have that than him picking at the grass.

I don’t think that was his intention when he left the sideline. I got the impression that he was going after the referees and that on the way there encountered the players. I could be 100 percent wrong.

I’d be curious to see the All-22 footage but can’t find it online.

On the whole, I’d rather have that than him picking at the grass.

Grobe picked grass every week. How long do you think Mullen will last if he acts like that every week?

Back