• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

I'll remind you that A&M already lost to Alabama in a game that was never really close.

It just appears that Clemson and Alabama are on a collision course.
lol, we play all these games and have all these arguments just to end up with Bama/Clemson part 267. Rinse, repeat every year.

I'll remind you that A&M already lost to Alabama in a game that was never really close.

It just appears that Clemson and Alabama are on a collision course.

Difference, much earlier in the season and if Florida would manage to beat Bama, A&M beat Florida. Plus if it is just a formality that it's Bama and Clemson, all the more reason to give a team like Cinch a shot.

He can’t boycott it if he doesn’t get invited to it.

200.gif

One of the under the radar surprise teams San Jose State (undefeated) leading Boise 19-3 in Mountain West title game. San Jose vs Coastal Carolina would be a gold bowl matchup if Coastal doesn't get New Years 6, which seems unlikely now.

ND and A&M are good teams. Florida's good. Oklahoma and Georgia are pretty good too. Who knows what tOSU is capable of. None of them appear to be close to capable of beating Clemson and Alabama in a four team playoff.

No fan of Clemson but ND has no business being in this game. Join the ACC or fuck off. The ACC should be embarrassed.

Last edited:
ND and A&M are good teams. Florida's good. Oklahoma and Georgia are pretty good too. Who knows what tOSU is capable of. None of them appear to be close to capable of beating Clemson and Alabama in a four team playoff.

Honestly, if the committee doesn't have the stones to put Cincy ( if they win tonight) in, they should put in Clemson, Bama (assuming a win tonight), Oklahoma and Ohio State. Power 4 conference champs and be done with it. No Pac 12, not a power 5 right now.

Honestly, if the committee doesn't have the stones to put Cincy ( if they win tonight) in, they should put in Clemson, Bama (assuming a win tonight), Oklahoma and Ohio State. Power 4 conference champs and be done with it. No Pac 12, not a power 5 right now.

I can see the argument of OU because they have three wins agains ranked teams (I think), but ND still was able to beat Clemson without Lawrence and OU has two losses, including an ugly one to K-State. But like I said earlier, look out for them next year. Their defense is getting good.

Whether ND joins the ACC in a couple of years or not, the CFP committee is going to remember this for years.

This looks like a typical ACC Championship game. May as well be Clemson vs. Georgia Tech.

Whether ND joins the ACC in a couple of years or not, the CFP committee is going to remember this for years.

I think they also remember Clemson whooping them in the playoffs a couple of years ago. If I remember, a coach said that they only briefly focused on ND during the two weeks before the game, and the rest of the time on Alabama.

I can see the argument of OU because they have three wins agains ranked teams (I think), but ND still was able to beat Clemson without Lawrence and OU has two losses, including an ugly one to K-State. But like I said earlier, look out for them next year. Their defense is getting good.

Yeah I know, but who really wants to see ND in the playoff after this? Of course can't get excited about Oklahoma either. If Cincy wins, I'd love for the committee to put them in. Yeah they would get killed against Clemson or Bama, whoever they put in does and it would at least give the Group of 5 their shot.

Yeah I know, but who really wants to see ND in the playoff after this? Of course can't get excited about Oklahoma either. If Cincy wins, I'd love for the committee to put them in. Yeah they would get killed against Clemson or Bama, whoever they put in does and it would at least give the Group of 5 their shot.

No chance Cincinnati jumps A&M. That's already been put to bed.

Back